1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

-=OMG is it True ? All Bidding Directories got Reported to Matt Cutt, including... =-

Discussion in 'Directories' started by paidhosting, Aug 3, 2007.

Ok,
    I got this message last night from someone "dude the bid directories are already reported at matt cutts and the (bad word) does not know about it " .

I kinda didnt feel right when he/she referred the bidding directory owners as "(bad word)" but i quoted him/her as is with bad word snipped.

Anyways ~!!!

So, i was like "omg",does that mean bigweblinks.com is also being targeted, and if so what is going to happen now ? Is the bidding directory venture over for everyone, cause if google bans those domains, i see no future for any bidding directory at all ???????????????????????

Anyone can throw some light , cause after all i was thinking of launching my non-profit bidding site : www.mycharitybids.com , now i feel i should just abandon it ?

Help !!!!!!!!!!!! And what are the other bidding directory owners have to say to this ?

Darn i suppose i will now loose my $200 bet with mickey :(:(

PS: anyone knows who was the person who reported all the bidding directories ?

paidhosting, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  2. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are many good bidding directories out there, and I don't see any reason for action as they are promoted well and bring in traffic as they were meant to do. It's nothing more than advertising.

an0n, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  3. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    But dude, what about new directories that are poping up ? And does matt cutt care about which one brings traffic which one doesnt ? Isnt he stuck on "oh only google can make money selling ads and putting links on users website and no one else !!! " ???

4. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    There's nothing to be concerned about if you are managing your directory like you should be. Sites that do so are not doing anything wrong. People seem to have all sorts of crazy ideas about the position of Google. A bid directory is NOT much different from a regular directory. Please try to keep that in mind. The only difference is that listings are sorted by the amount paid (instead of PR, clicks, date added, etc.). So, if someone wants to get more exposure, they can bid higher.

With that being said, the ones that accept just any submission should be concerned. Submissions need to be reviewed for quality, like with any directory. The same rules of thumb apply for bidding directories as any other kind. Keep your directory quality, have guidelines, enforce them, etc.

I can't speak for other directories, but with mine, all submissions are reviewed, descriptions edited to conform to standards, properly categorized, etc. I do not have anything to worry about since everything is being done to provide a good, quality resource for all involved. Others that are doing the same do not have anything to worry about either.

mystikmedia, Aug 3, 2007 IP
    LeopardAt1 likes this.
  5. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hope this won't damage bidding directories. Being reported itself is no big deal IMO. It's not like a "counter-SEO".

coolsitez, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  6. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude being reported is one step closer to possible google ban of domain, would you like to see that for your domain, where you invested so many bucks advertising and what not ? You do realize google is #1 in terms of traffic to your website via any search engine, if yahoo and msn were good too and they brought in lots of traffic no one would have cared about google and what matt cutt says right ?

@Chris, so i am assuming your directory does not auto approve links ? Cause most bidding directories auto approve links.

Anyways this is what i was told as the blog link
    to the reporting, scroll down and you will notice it, seems like DP is not the place anymore to announce your directories :confused:

7. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    so those who live depends on DP will suffer lol...

Lesson learned, don't depends on DP to promote your directories :D

alang, Aug 3, 2007 IP
    LeopardAt1 likes this.
  8. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Nothing will happen to bidding directories.

If your site follows google guidlines then they wont touch it.

aaron_nimocks, Aug 3, 2007 IP
    LeopardAt1 likes this.
  9. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:

And what is the magical guideline to follow ?

10. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's a positive answer. Yes of course.

popotalk, Aug 3, 2007 IP
    LeopardAt1 and kiviniar like this.
  11. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    rumours , rumours , rumours.

@paidhosting - > where from you got this news ?

Hmmm ........... reported for what ? What Crime did the bidding directory owners commited ? Why should they be hanged ?

aditya_sfs, Aug 3, 2007 IP
    moneymakingguru likes this.
  12. coolsitez

Best Answers:
    Well, it's not like my all income comes from my bidding directory. Even the worst case happens, it's not the end to me.

Things like this have been happening all the time. They can't "use" Matt Cutts to remove your site.

I am very positive that G is more concerned about spammy sites. In a way, I kind of like what BH SEOs are doing. They make G busy for us ;)

moneymakingguru likes this.
  13. abhishekdaaga

abhishekdaaga Guest

Best Answers:
    Just a fake news.... or a prank my ur friend.... they cant ban some of the bigg sites like this... & there is no reason to do so..

abhishekdaaga, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  14. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    No, mine do not auto-approve.

mystikmedia, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  15. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh James Bond happens to be my langotiya yaar !!!!! :D

@coolsitez whats a BH seo ?

16. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is great Chris and I hope you understand as I was saying only this particular thread is in Matt Cutts Blog. I only wanted to have some pros and cons.

popotalk, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  17. coolsitez

Best Answers:
    It could be a fake report, really.

Black Hat SEO

18. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    being reported doesn't mean that the website is bad. Sometime or most of the time, its done by jealous competitor. So google need to verify which report is valid and which report is just try to take down competitor by taking advantage on google system.

From what I say, most of the so call report on matt cutt blog made by anthonycea and it is pointed to blogmaster. I think most of us know that they have some history in DP, so this report is more like a personal agenda rather than reporting it for the sake google.

alang, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  19. coolsitez

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I agree with you too. Like I said, nobody can use this "reporting-to-Matt-Cutts" to counter-SEO someone's site.

20. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes alang and coolsitez that is true. But remember the one who reported it does not have directory nor a competitor.

One is true Phsychic and another is Phsycho. :D

popotalk, Aug 3, 2007 IP