1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OMG! Click Fraud site gets positive press in popular UK Paper!

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by fcmisc, Aug 7, 2006.

1. MatthewN

MatthewN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to read the whole thread L146705... the missing ads have been mentioned a few times :)

I dont read the metro too often although I do see a few copies around the office I sometimes pick up and read from time to time if I am bored.

MatthewN, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  2. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    The metro can be good for publicity if you manage to get an article in it. However, it is certainly not advised to even contemplate doing a site that has adsense on it for any offline press releases.

Now, the advertisers on the site may receive short term benefits by increased visitors, but it will be untargetted traffic and they could have paid the same price or more for unqualifed traffic from numerous other sources.

At the end of the day, adsense isn't on it any more (obviously wasn't there when I checked it, but if it was on at any stage it would have been a TOS violation), and the site is now plainly another marketing ploy to gain a short term windfall.

There is nothing to really bring people back to the site and in my view it is wasted effort in having received the press article. Had he been a true entrepreneur he would have had a 'hook' in place to make it worthwhile returning to and could then have had an audience to capitalize from.

This is a quote from his 'blog' section:

Ganceann, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  3. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The metro is only good to read the dialy sports on the back, what is that guy worry aboyt any way he is only 17 he still has a year before he goes off to university.

chachacallis, Aug 10, 2006 IP