1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OMG! Are they for real?!?!?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Glen, Jul 27, 2006.

OK, so I know how to write a thread title to bring in people, now i just need to do it on an article :p

My niche is writing about Search Engine Optimisation (with an "s" because im from the UK), and for every article i submit ( i use article sender), I only get about 5 backlinks maximum, i guess its a lot to do with the nature of the industry. Although more authoritised sites get there articles EVERYWHERE so its kind of annoying to see "ok" writing getting great submission around the internet globe :mad:

If you had to pull out every single stop possible just to see if you really can get one decent article out there...what would you do

IM ready for all suggestions ;)

Glen, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  2. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did it ever occur to you that not everyone uses the same promotional technique?

Try marketing better. Submit to more sites. Submit to different sites. Write better headlines.

marketjunction, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  3. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    When did i say people use the same marketing technique, anyways..thanks for the reply, it is appreciated

I use articlesender, which submits articles in hundreds of places for free

Glen, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    My personal feeling is that if your articles are really that great and unique, you need to be keeping them that way on your own site. In the long run it will help you out enormously more than article directories will. Either that or start manually submitting to niche-specific ezines with good circulation, and only permit a limited copy to be published... the fewer out there, the better the publications will be that will be willing to post it. Your point should be getting in front of the largest number of targeted readers possible, not getting into the largest number of article directories possible... that's not the same thing in the slightest.

Jenn

jhmattern, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  5. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No no. I wasn't saying they did or that you said so. I was pointing out that we all have different techniques and that's one reason for the difference. Perhaps the service/software you use is not sending out to the top sites or not doing it's job right. There are hundreds of article sites out there.

Make sure you locate the biggest sites first and that you are indeed submitting to them. Next, locate any within your niche and make sure you are submitting to those.

marketjunction, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  6. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    so then, what would you do to really pull out all the stops? :)

Glen, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  7. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It depends if you're writing articles as a PR technique or a link building technique. If it's for link building then it's all about quantity over quality.

MattUK, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  8. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Well, the original poster was asking about getting one really "quality" article out there; not quantity. Besides, one of the best ways to build backlinks that I often see ignored here (and I've worked with three of the larger content networks in various capacities, so I've seen it work time after time), is building quality unique content on your OWN site. When you do that, you become an authority site in the minds of people interested in the niche you're in. When they keep coming back because you provide them with something of value, they start linking to you naturally instead of "forced feeling" links anywhere the author feels like plugging them online. It's not about a PR technique or a link building technique. It's about having a sound business plan and thinking about achieving the long term goals rather than trying to get the quick fix so many site owners are after.

Jenn

jhmattern, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  9. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The article always has to be 'quality' the sites you submit to don't matter as much.

You post the article on your own site until its indexed by the search engines, then submit to the article sites. These then all link back to your site/article.

Because your artile is indexed first and has all the other sites linking to it, it's recognised as the authority.

Links + authority + quality content = the best of all worlds

MattUK, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  10. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Also, Angelus, I'm working on a SEO/SEM portal, if you have any articles you'd like to submit drop me a PM

MattUK, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  11. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    When I talk about unique content and being an authority site, I don't mean to the search engines. I'm generally more concerned with my readers, and being a site that they continually come back to for information in the niche, because they can't get that same information anywhere else. That's where the real value in unique content is. It's one of the easiest ways to bring in return visitors. Obviously we have different goals, and that's completely fine. It's better people hear about different perspectives and different options to decide what's going to work based on their own goals anyway. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Jul 30, 2006 IP