1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Old site files to new domain name

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by lapidus, May 2, 2022.

Hello

I am wondering how can i connect my new domain with files which was already on first domain?

So, files from old domain is in public_html and databse too.

Now i have registered new domain name,and i want to use that old files from old domain to new domain name. How to do that? How to connect old files and database for new domain name?

Did i need to change domain name in php my admin database,and change details in wp-config.php ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    lapidus, May 2, 2022 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Search "how to point a new domain name to an old site" you should find all the info you need.

In short, you need to update your Name Servers / DNS A Record.

qwikad.com, May 2, 2022 IP
  3. lapidus

lapidus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know about DNS A record how to change,but how to connect old files with new domain? I was try to find on internet,but there is no such a explanation.

lapidus, May 2, 2022 IP
  4. Deepansh

Deepansh Peon

Best Answers:
    @lapidus

I hope this article will answer your question.

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-transfer-a-website-to-a-new-domain

In addition, if you are also concerned about SEO, you can use a 301 redirect from the old to the new domain.

Deepansh, May 3, 2022 IP
  5. myreseller home

myreseller home Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One of the most important things to do when transferring your website from one domain name to another is to transfer your old site files to the new domain name. This ensures that your website will continue to function properly after the transfer is complete. There are a few different ways to do this, depending on how your website is set up.
    If you have a WordPress website, you can use the Velvet Blues Update URLs plugin to automatically update all of your old links to the new domain name. This plugin is free and easy to use, and it will save you a lot of time and hassle.
    If you have a website that is hosted on a server, you can use the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) to transfer your files from the old domain name to the new one.

myreseller home, May 4, 2022 IP
  6. Anna Lang

Anna Lang Active Member

Best Answers:
    For transferring files you can zip them on your current server , download the zip , upload it to your new server and unzip there or just use an FTP client to connect to old server and download files to your newserver.
    For database use something like PhpMYadmin to download the .sql export and import into your new server.

Anna Lang, May 12, 2022 IP