1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Old Domain Name Means Nothing To Google....

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Sem-Advance, Feb 10, 2006.

Hi

I was wondering what someone would believe that buying an old domain name will do for them as far as rankings on Google go??

If there is no content on the site when purchased, I do not believe you will receive any aging benefit....if there is no content it won't be a trusted source......so it cannot benefit from the Domain age....

Google isn't stupid lol....

There is domain inception date which Google records and... (this is a biggie) there is a document inception date. which Google also records. Now they need only look at the the two dates to determine that they need to check on things before assigning PR and /or rankings.

If domain A is registered in 1998 Google will have a record, and they will have the cache of the index pagr......if there has not been content the cache will be empty.

And the new content when it is added to the website will still need to be crawled and indexed ... and more often than not, Google will still dampen the new content till trust can be established.

Has anyone had success with trying to buy an old domain to get immediate rankings?? What were your experiences??

Peace

Sem-Advance, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  2. Barsh

Barsh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have tried this a few times, and in most cases found that you get inmediate rankings, but they have only lasted for about 1 month max, in some cases 1 week, and then they either go into the sand box or get banned. The ones getting banned normally dont have a very creative content.

Hope this helps

Barsh, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  3. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much, as it helps validate what I have found.

Not too sure why they would ban though :confused:

I haven't had that happen that I can think of but anything's possible with a search engine.

Sem-Advance, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  4. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe people purchase old domains not only to improve their ranking but to get something that fits their projects but taken before the could get it.

Some others get the domain just because the prestige it has in determined niche; getting established clients could be better than get ranking.

Mystique, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Mystique,

Good points to consider.

Clients over rankings anyday...just most webmasters do not see it that way initially I think.

C

Sem-Advance, Feb 11, 2006 IP