1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Oil prices to reach $200???

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guru-seo, Oct 26, 2007.

1. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I guess this is state secret and frankly I doubt the amount of reserves that they claimed to have. As much as I doubt what OPEC had estimated for their oil reserves.

wisdomtool, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  2. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    They're starting with mass production of Honda Clarity, they must have it worked out somehow. I doubt an established automaker like Honda would put their company in jeopardy by producing cars that have likelihood of getting blown up. I'm sure they've got it all figured.

muncle, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  3. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I read about the high efficiency of this car, almost 3 times more than an average gas car. But there is no detailed study on this subject. How low-cost can hydrogen become once it is being mass produced. What would be the scale of production to achieve affordability per unit production.

Last year, when I was still in college, my friends from Mechanical Engineering managed to modify a CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) engine to be able to use hydrogen as fuel. Surely, if college students could do it, and we already have tons of Tech on production of CNG engines, then all auto-manufactures can do it too.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Calorific value of CNG - 8600 kcal/m3 -
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So its safer to use
    Calorific value of Hydrogen - 25000 kcal/m3 - Extremely explosive
    [/FONT]

gauharjk, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  4. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hydrogen fuel cell cars are just another type of "battery". The hydrogen is an energy storage that combined with oxygen in a fuel cell with create an electric current. The hydrogen is originally "mined" from water H2O by using electricity.

Now burn that same amount of hydrogen and see how much energy can be produced or harnessed!

So what I am getting at is fuel cell technology is basically just another way of storing energy like a battery.

debunked, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  5. steganos

steganos Banned

Best Answers:
    ''We expect that the price of oil will reach 250 dollars per barrel very soon.'' the chief executive, Alexei Miller, told journalists on the sidelines of a visit to energy-rich Azerbaijan by President Dmitry Medvedev.

steganos, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  6. butternyk

butternyk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $146 and still growing. Taking a lot out of pockets. at $250 --will be a shocker

butternyk, Jul 4, 2008 IP