1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Oil prices to reach $200???

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guru-seo, Oct 26, 2007.

I estimate that oil prices will reach $150 per barrel before Bush leaves office maybe even $200. Whats your guesstimate?

guru-seo, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  2. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I take the bus to work. It costs me $1.25.

bogart, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  3. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it depends on how much the dollar will fall

iul, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  4. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://zfacts.com/p/196.html

I think there's a number of factors pushing it up; and it won't level off anytime soon... Honestly, I don't think $150.00 USD/ barrel is estimating too high...

tarponkeith, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All the idiots driving SUVs will have no problems paying $5 a gallon so yeah $150 a barrel is possible.

bogart, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  6. LinkSales

LinkSales Active Member

Best Answers:
    The second oil goes from priced in dollars to priced in Euros, we could easily see $200 oil.

Or, even with an improvement in the value of the USD, we could see $200 as supplies fall and China and India's middle class seek their own transportation.

LinkSales, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  7. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Americans need to learn to conserve resources and stop running the roads in suvs and trucks. Instead of building more roads we need sidewalks and more trains. In fact one reason for the decline of the dollar is the increasing imports of foreign oil.

bogart, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  8. LinkSales

LinkSales Active Member

Best Answers:
    The dollar doesn't devalue because they aren't here. The dollar devalues because there are so many of them.

LinkSales, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  9. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The trade deficit is a large part of the dollar devaluation.

bogart, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  10. ZachG

ZachG Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt that oil prices will reach $200 by next November, they will be lucky to get to $100. But yeah, I do agree that we need to quit wasting resources. Many Americans are some of the most wasteful people (I can say that because I am American :p ). Some people I know drive huge SUV's just for the sake of driving one, not because they need to haul stuff or have kids...

ZachG, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  11. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is simply not true. The dollar has devalued because the books are out of order. The money supply keeps increasing to cover for deficit spending, and international exchangers have figured out that the dollar was, for all intents and purposes, massively overvalued.

You can thank your Commandant-in-Chief for starting a mind numbing war that is costing trillions without raising taxes, but causing inflation to pay for it, which means every American loses the value of their money in their pocket throughout this ordeal, and likely into the next generation.

guerilla, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  12. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We do what we always do. Macroeconomics will rule the day, investments made in other currencies, we shall level off where we and to be, badda bing badda boom. The economic news, oil news, and just news in general is for mind numbing the zombies who listen and talk about it. Just a show really, "oohhh, look at the housing market! Oooohhh glorify the fires! Wahhhh! Gas is too high!". Doesn't warrant the attention that other things should be getting. Then again, the Media is the fourth branch of government - every single administration going back ages has used it... just now it is more full of bull than ever because of this miscreant generations bottom feeding on news about hollywood and sensationalized violence, disasters, and economic woe.

Only reason the market changes is because people change. "Hot dawg, look at the profit I can make by selling and re investing! Sell the stock!" "Well gee, this looks bad" "Really?" "Yeah, they're selling. I'm going to sell too!" "Well I will sell then too!" -1929- BOOM. Markets are all about feelings... "oooohhh housing is down by .000012%!" "Lets hype that up, maybe we can make it look worse than it is and get more viewers" "Okay!" - - - Housing Market Crashing! ZOMG! ZOMG! ZOMG! WTFBOMB WTFBOMB! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

But in reality there was nothing wrong with it except the lenders. If there'd been no hype, there'd be no panic decline. Cut the hype out and you get declines and inclines that are just adjustments to other rates... and they wont be the major drama. Now be good children and go hook back up to your Televisions so it can teach you more about what you should know.

Jackuul, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  13. ammoun

ammoun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm already suffering from gazolina prices ... I will never drive my car if it will be that high :(

Who can gurantee that prices will drop when Bush quits ?

ammoun, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  14. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The oil price will reach to $200, but not now. In 5 years maybe.

login, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  15. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's the popular idea of how inflation works, but it's generally not correct. The trade deficit is the major factor here. We spend lots of dollars for foreign goods, and they spend less of their currency for American goods. So foreign countries end up with lots of dollars, and they want to trade them back for their own currency. They find that they have to spend more of the dollars to get their currency back, which causes the dollar's value to fall on international markets. The mechanics of this are a little more elaborate, but that's basically what's happening here, without getting into a discussion of interest rate policy.

davewashere, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  16. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have two SUV's...one being my tahoe with a big V-8 that I use to pull my boat...and considering oil prices have never risen with inflation, its about time they caught up. I heard on the news this morning that if you factor in inflation, oil should have been at 90$ back in 1980...go figure.

d16man, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  17. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I want nuclear powered cars.

Jackuul, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  18. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Me too!

Along with that an attachment for lasers to the same power supply - this will help reduce the idiots while driving (at least disabling their cars.)

debunked, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  19. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If Bush attacks Iran before he leaves office, which it seems he is hell bent on doing, then yes, oil will reach $200 per barrel. I can guarantee you that if Iran is attacked, they will automatically cut off their oil supplies, and Venezuela will cut off its oil supplies as well.

I don't care much, since I don't have a car, but it is important to remember that the rising cost of fuel will make a lot of stuff go up, more than just the gasoline you buy at the pump. Truck drivers will have to pay more for gas, which means the products they ship will also increase in price, because the cost involved with transporting them will increase.

tesla, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  20. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest buying stock with them lol.

Shazz, Oct 29, 2007 IP