1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Official... Yahoo alternative to adsense

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by fryman, Mar 8, 2005.

fryman, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  2. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    awesome! I hope this is a reliable source of info, but wow! It's great not to have only one man to toss your allegience to.

I just hope this doesn't lead to competition that will lower advertisers' bid prices. :(

david_sakh, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    If that happens, Google will just have to increase the % they give to their publishers.

If you sudenlly had your earnings go down, wouldn't your first thought be "geez, let's try Yahoo and see how much I earn with them"

If millions of webmasters think the same and decide to give Yahoo a try, you can just imagine what would happen to Google.

fryman, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Do you expect another one of many contextual ad programs to destroy Google Fryman :confused:

There are already many ADSENSE like programs out there now such as TargetPoint, BidClix, Bidvertiser and many others.

None of them put Google out of business nor hurt their sales growth.

Google is now competing with M$ as a computing platform and ADSENSE will be a small part of the total sales of the company in a few years.

They have mapping products, weather, news, web hosting (blogs), email, desktop search (Google OS) and many other products.

This news is about 60 days old also.

anthonycea, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    TargetPoint, BidClix, Bidvertiser, Clixor, etc are 100% crap. There is no one I have met that can tell me that they are happy with one of those programs.

Comparing that to adsense is like comparing a 7-11 to Kmart.

March 07, 2005
    Confirmation: Yahoo is testing a Google Adsense competitor

Didn't mummy ever teach you how to read dates?

:rolleyes:

fryman, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Go back and read my posts if you don't believe me Fryman, I posted this "breaking news" at least 2 or 3 times a month or two ago :eek:

7. Hank

Hank Guest

Best Answers:
    If / when Yahoo comes out with a program like Adsense, which I've been praying for now for a year, Yahoo servers will be overloaded and they will garner tens of millions in new revenues in the first month alone.

Why will Yahoo clean up as compared to the 3rd and 4th tier text ad wannabes?

1. Yahoo is a public company
    2. Yahoo is profitable
    3. They are a known and trusted entity
    4. They have capital to finance such a program
    5. They have greater reach than just about any website worldwide
    6. Adsense publishers are tired of living under a mushroom

The simple fact is, like myself, there are millions of publishers who will FLOCK to a Yahoo program that even resembles Adsense.

This will especially be true, and Yahoo, if you're reading this, take note: This will especially be true if Yahoo gives us ANY data on the amount being paid to us per click, or pages on our sites' that the ads were clicked on, or the keywords used to find our pages / displayed ads. Give us anything more than Google does and they'll win buku loyalty.

Google has been playing with (read: cutting) commissions to publishers for over a year now. Views go up, avg. pay per click goes down, net payments go down. Not a good situation for Google or Adsense publishers, but as another person posted, why not try Yahoo and see what the metrics are with them?

And there is a large group of people (web publishers as well as executives in F500 companies) who are growing tired of Google's crazy algo changes and cock-sureness ala Microsoft in the 1990's, not to mention a completely out of line stock price and market valuation. They are just waiting for someone to come along and knock Google down a few notches.

And Yahoo is the only one who could do that right now.

Just MHO.

Hank

Hank, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I agree with you except on the part
    " if Yahoo gives us ANY data on the amount being paid to us per click, or pages on our sites' that the ads were clicked on, or the keywords used to find our pages / displayed ads. Give us anything more than Google does and they'll win buku loyalty."

Imagine how many spam sites would invade the net if they knew how much they are getting paid per click? Make the real information available and it will be just impossible to find anthing between so much spam

Anthony, maybe you are confusing things, seems like you poste the rumour a few days ago, today is the oficial announcement, the rumor is dead and everyone is waiting to see when this will be avalable.

I don't know if it is a coincidence, but my earnings with adsense have been incredible for the last 2 days. Happening to anyone else? Maybe they don't want me to leave... :D

fryman, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Like I said Fryman, you just looked at a recent post, if you go back you will see that the "rumor" is much older than a few days.

10. Hank

Hank Guest

Best Answers:
    Fryman:

Yes, I can see the point of withholding the data to prevent spam. And to make it clear, I'm not an agrieving adsense publisher - like most small businesses, before Adsense came along, we didn't qualify for anthing but affiliate program ads. So Google gave us an opportunity to earn some money.

And they also helped us all prove we could make money with advertising.

But now here we are and as usual in America - what have you done for me lately.

And yes, on one of my sites, my Adsense revs have been up considerably the last week. But so has my traffic. My avg. payment per click hasn't moved much, but my traffic has jumped a lot. I think it has more to do with new G algo or dance than anything else.

And, you guys - who cares when the rumor started vs. when someone posted the Yahoo news on a blog?

Until Y announces it, its still a rumor.

Hank

Hank, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Fryman was the one who said it was OFFICIAL, not me :)

12. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    fryman, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  13. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    yahoopublishernetwork.com looks like the gold rush is already on and YPN.com is also out

Design Agent, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:

15. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    OK, whatever, I've wasted enough time already with you... time to move on and look for people that know something about the Internet...

fryman, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't ever look in the mirror Fryman :p

17. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Not taking sides but that post doesn't really hold water... Ive read alot of Anthony's posts , theres some Internet stuff in there ;)

18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes but you have to give Fryman credit, even though most of his posts are insults and bitching, he also gives out bad reputation for no reason.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Google it you moron 03-07-2005 11:32 PM Geez... stop kissing up to stupid cheaters

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is only one of those that he gave me for no reason, just because he is in envy of a 13 year old brilliant star member of DP that I really like.

The above comment was because I support Josh.

19. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Josh is spot on, at 13 he is a better coder than me..
    Fryman seems to know his stuff too.. I think you both waste alot of your energy fighting.. I have loads of pages you could type for me instead ;) Anyway, off topic.. Yahoo publisher very nice..
    http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=ypn&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    with only 50,000 results it might be worth putting a site up there as the name becomes common knowledge

20. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Believe me, Fryman started it all, not me, I thought he was decent until just recently :)

If one can hate a kid like Josh, I really don't value him as a friend :cool: