1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Official LEADBOLT Thread - GateWay & Content Lock

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by LeadBoltMike, Sep 7, 2010.

1. blackgold

blackgold Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    YES...
    It is very EASY to bypass LeadBolt GateWay.
    Simply view source of page, or open in MS Frontpage.

Any way to overcome this.
    (Even if you may think that this is a silly matter, I feel this is a SERIOUS thing)

blackgold, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  2. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's actually true while using other networks gateways such as CPAlead and Adscend but these networks allow for more advanced functionality so this isn't necessarily a problem. LeadBolts gateway has very limited features and is basically a slight cover-up for content on the page it's displayed on.

hav0c, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  3. jehnidiah

jehnidiah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Few comments about Leadbolt:

1) I've made several $k and been paid most of it (there's an issue with a wire payment right now, but their payments dept has been in contact with me working to figure out wtf my money is)
    2) I met their CEO at ASE in New York a few weeks ago, they had a booth and the guy seems to be perfectly legitimate -- I thought it spoke volumes that they showed up to a big expo like that, and
    3) My AM is quite nice and a pleasure to chat back and forth with.

By the way, I didn't know you guys upped the referral rate to 10% -- so it's not 2.5% for 6 months or whatever it used to be anymore? If so, that's awesome, and we at Cashbackaffiliates will begin to promote it through our Leadbolt Review a lot more.

EDIT: n/m, I misread the referral % stuff, whoops

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
    jehnidiah, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  4. blackgold

blackgold Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought that LeadBolt has offers with atleast 20+ cents.

Do you run 5 cents International offers?

blackgold, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  5. birejji

birejji Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, it's really frustrating. Plus I run a chat site so once one person discovers how to bypass it, they tell everyone else on the site x.x Then within minutes, everyone is bypassing the lock. This makes my leadbolt stats pathetic to look at :(

423 clicks
    12 conversions
    $0.01 ePC

Oh so very sad to look at

birejji, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  6. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If and when they decide to step their technology up to par with their competing networks, this will more then likely be a common occurrence.

hav0c, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  7. alexgreatcpa

alexgreatcpa Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    They are legit because now 100 o publishers told here "THEY PAID" sound nice ....

alexgreatcpa, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  8. LeadBoltMike

LeadBoltMike Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Your traffic appears to be CASH incent... this wont work on any network.... of course when you cash incent an offer your end users will get thru the widget... most networks wont allow this anyways... if you want to consult me on better means to get your end users to fill out surveys I am more than willing to submit but I believe your review is completely unfair.

Our program(S) work 100% fine for normal content locking strategies.

Our technology is twice as good as anyone else's and our management is superb. WE are the only lock company taking on Standard, Movie, and Adult.

100% of Publishers who have run NORMAL traffic through our wall have been paid. Normal traffic means the users opted to fill in the surveys in order to receive content that was valuable.

LeadBoltMike, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  9. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Maybe technology was the wrong word to use but when it comes to allowing for greater customization and options for things that competing networks have which there are quite a few. Since you do allow for other types of content such as adult and movies as you have stated, this would make LeadBolt a definite winner content locking wise.

hav0c, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  10. LeadBoltMike

Best Answers:
    we allow the EXACT same customization and more as the other networks only you must work DIRECTLY with your account manager inorder to gain access to these features for security reasons. For example if an affiliate were to take a skin and use copy righted logos like Facebook GUI or advertise the offers as being "free" ... this could seriously upset an advertiser and cause us to lose the advertiser or worst not get paid.

Giving full access to these features risks the entire networks payment.

LeadBoltMike, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  11. emigre

emigre Peon

Best Answers:
    Leadbolt - why are you using echeques to make Paypal payments?

emigre, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  12. icku86

icku86 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can answer that. Because they don't want paypal to lock their account for some reason and hold all their money. This really sucks, but this is the reality when dealing with paypal.

@ Mike: Not long ago you said that Leadbolt is negotiating to get some hot new offers. What happened with that?

icku86, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  13. alexgreatcpa

alexgreatcpa Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What is echeques ?

alexgreatcpa, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  14. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's where a user has no money in their PayPal account and sends payment(s) that which PayPal takes from their bank account. They generally take up to seven business days to clear. There is no correlation between using an eCheck and PayPal locking account.

hav0c, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  15. icku86

icku86 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The correlation is when you hold your money in PayPal, not in your bank, and for no reason at all PayPal decides to lock your account. Then you won't be able to pay publishers. Everything is related.

icku86, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  16. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Right but yet that still wouldn't make a difference since the account is still susceptible to being locked regardless if it has money in it or not. The only safeguard is that without having money in the account, should a lock occur then the money would still be accessible..

hav0c, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  17. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So I have to contact my AM to get the tease timer set? It says in the FAQ that you can set it, but when I go to follow the instructions, its not there. Thats the main configuration option I would like to have, as right now the lock comes up immediately which gives no time for the visitor to see that there IS content worth doing a survey for.

I'm sure that scares away a certain amount of people who think there's nothing there, whereas before, with another network, I had the timer set to 25 seconds to give them enough time to start playing the video so they knew it was legit.

How can the tease time be changed?

asmodeus, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  18. LeadBoltMike

Best Answers:
    Some members did get echeques there was a mistake in the billing it has since been corrected.

We have new offers all the time... we have many more international. Everyone who is complianing on forums though are asking for offers in Indoneisa, China, etc... Remember that in order for you to make money... advertisers must make money and the fact of the matter is these countries have no real market for internet marketing and if they do its short lived... there was some Indian Dating company paying like 0.50 per lead... they bought 500,000 worth of leads only to findout they coudlnt monetize their own user base and went out of biz.

One great thing we have comming out is multivariate testing. This means your wall will auto optimize. For example you can upload 5 custom skins (provided they are approved) and our system will auto run the one w/ the best CVR.... i have screenshots but i only send them via email :)

email me and your AM and we'll take care of this tonight :)

LeadBoltMike, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  19. emigre

emigre Peon

Best Answers:
    Since it was a mistake, will Leadbolt be crediting back the percentage cut made for the last payment?

Also, am I right to assume that all future Paypal payments will be direct? No more echeques.

emigre, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  20. iwogore

iwogore Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just applied, waiting for their approval . Hope soon I will get good news from them

iwogore, Oct 6, 2010 IP