1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Official Google Referral (earn $20 for each referral)

Discussion in 'Google' started by istrab, Feb 2, 2005.

This program allows businesses to earn $20 for each advertiser or publisher they refer to AdWords or AdSense.
    http://google-blog.dirson.com/post.new/0230/

istrab, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  2. bLaDeY

bLaDeY Guest

Best Answers:
    Assuming this information is correct, is this something that Google has only just started or near the future.

I've referred 3 or 4 people to Adsense but haven't seen any kickbacks as yet so I can only guess this is for the future.

bLaDeY, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  3. Haichi

Haichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm this is something Google should just add to every adsense ads by google link it would help out many exsisting adsense publishers

anyway I applied lets see what happens

Haichi, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  4. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    I personally find it funny that Google wants to target the community that they are screwing with the enticement of pay for business referrals from them. I personally wouldnt refer a single person to them as I am hoping and believe they are going to be history..and before I get accused of saying that only because I dont rank well in google, I have sites that ranked in the top 10 for primary key phrases, but of late I dont like the results they produce. To many link spam sites listed along with irrelvant results and content.

MSN is the next great SE, lol I had a few post I made on a forum the other night and within a couple of hours those post were indexed and cached in MSN and this is a new forum only days old. I think Google is going to try everything they can to try and pull back a lot of companies and webmasters they have lost because of their lack of performance. The ship is sinking and everyone is running for the life boats.

Las Vegas Homes, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  5. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    I am surprised this link allows a sign up. I have asked them in the past and they have told me that they were so successful that they were not taking direct partners.

Cocky if you ask me.
    KG

keywordguru, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  6. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    when MSN offers a version of adsense, goodbye adsense

skattabrain, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  7. dkalweit

dkalweit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree. As much as I'm not too fond of Microsoft's business practices, their search engine is FAR more up to date than Google, and my sites all rank at or close to #1. ;-)

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  8. dkalweit

Best Answers:
    Hopefully they start soon. I hate to see only one choice like we have now with AdSense-- if they terminate someone for some reason, that person is really screwed. From what I've read and experienced to a limited extent, nothing compares to AdSense in payout, CTR, etc. A Microsoft alternative would be the only serious competition to Google right now, IMO.

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  9. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    gemini, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  10. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't look too atractive too me either.. I mean a one-time ammount isn't the way to do it. All the good referal programs use percentages.

Josh

Josh, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  11. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    better than nothing :)

melfan, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  12. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    this move by google is better than nothing at all. i can make use of extra 20$ per referral.

melfan, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  13. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i for 1 like the aggresive business model they have, if they weren't ... we'd have 25 OS's sharing equal market share ...so many versions of software ... like buying a game ... what you have it in xbox and PS2? but i have a gamecube. tough luck.

firefox rules ... but opera and the like can burn up in flames.

thank God we have 1 mainstream office app which allows easy doc sharing

etc... etc...

although ... i do like having multiple choices in SE's ... it keeps things fresh. if there is only 1 (like G's marketshare), so many businesses get left out in the cold and ultimately ... the user loses.

in my ideal world, i would like to see the big 3 all sharing equal market share.

14. dkalweit

Best Answers:
    I like their business model, but I don't like some of their specific tactics. Owning the market is one thing, but they wield that power in a bad way sometimes.

I thought FireFox seemed pretty OK, but it doesn't even render basic HTML properly sometimes. I think it was the DP keyword tracker that it didn't render properly-- it made the table rows double-height, I believe(no, not a browser window width thing, as I resized very large). IE may be more 'plain', but it works, it's fast, and it's always there for 90%+ of the web users out there to use.

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  15. dkalweit

Best Answers:
    Well, SE's aren't as important to me, as sources for ad revenue. It's not easy to match up advertisers with publishers, and if that middle-man(Google) terminates you for some reason, the whole advertising model on your website will be very much hurt...

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  16. roadies

roadies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    my ideal world I'd like to see 5 SEs sharing the market equally, with a good remaining 10-20% being owned by "smaller SEs".

In addition to Yahoo, MSN, and Google, I hope that Amazon comes to bat with all its properties and for the firth SE I am rooting for an underdog: snap.com

roadies, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  17. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:

True ;) But I don't know how much promoting I would want to do, even if I got them to signup, they'd still have to make over $75 in Adsense, or spend over $20 in Adwords.

Josh

Josh, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  18. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    actually, it's FireFox that's more plain and standards compliant ... garbage in, garbage out. IE tries (or used to anways) to figure out what you wanted it to do and runs it anyways.

i rather see code broken in the browser when it's not 100%, then you know it's ok in other browsers/devices.

19. dirtdog1960theone

dirtdog1960theone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean that an affiliate would get a % of what a "signee" spent on ads?

Wooo, that could be lucrative could it not? You would think they have the technology to track it. Maybe I will suggest it to them. shrug

dirtdog1960theone, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  20. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I was going to sign up, but I'm not giving out my banking information on an unsecure form. :( What are they thinking?

mopacfan, Feb 2, 2005 IP