1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OFFGRID07 fights back!

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by andrew1056, Jul 18, 2008.

1. affiliatebynature

affiliatebynature Peon

Best Answers:
    Just some advice for your landing pages if you are going to truly succeed:

1. Don't have links at the top.
    2. Find a way to get additional testimonials.
    3. Have a bullet point list near the top saying just exactly what they'll learn in the book as well as benefits

affiliatebynature, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  2. andrew1056

andrew1056 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just read your blog... good stuff!

I've tried taking the links away from the top and sales plummeted. I think it's because people don't peg us as an authority site without them.

I'm going to make each sales page have 2 testimonials. I've got no shortage of 'thanks this is awesome' emails. Is that enough testimonials on each sales page do you think?

Putting the bullet list in each page right now.

Thanks for the pointers!

andrew1056, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  3. gduncan

gduncan Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't help but feel jerked around here. You just said two days ago that the prices are going to stay at $67/$29. I took a look at your landing page today and I see they've been discounted again. I don't see other publishers bouncing their prices all around, because it is disruptive to the affiliates. Some people quote the price in their ads. Do you want them tweaking their ads on a daily basis? Also what about ad budgets? If you spend $15 to sell one book, that's still $5 profit at the higher price. That's a $2 loss at the current pricing.

I also noticed that these books are being sold at Lulu for $9.97. It can't be good for us affiliates to have this book available at another source. Can anyone tell me if this is common practice? I've been excited about your improvements and I'm been beefing up my PPC campaign, but I don't don't know if it's worth it.

On a positive note, I just took a quick look at your books and they blow Earth4Energy out of the water on content (sorry Swerd, but it's true). He's selling like hotcakes at $49 per book, so $29 is a great deal for one of your guides.

gduncan, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  4. andrew1056

andrew1056 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi gduncan,

I'm sorry about the price bumping. I've decided to take swerds page and modify it so there is only going to be one price from now on- 49.97. I've been doing a lot of experimentation and sales dropped when I raise the price.

Check out the lander later on today. I'm rewriting it because we understand how to sell this book to people. If you want to know why our books blow swerds out of the water it's because he purchased our 5 book deal in late june and just copied it and condensed it. Not mad at you swerd after all it's just business.

andrew1056, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  5. Exilus

Exilus Banned

Best Answers:
    Wtf? you literally did a copy paste of his page's text. he could sue you for copyright. no wait, he SHOULD.

Exilus, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  6. andrew1056

andrew1056 Peon

Best Answers:
    it's not looking like that for long

7. gduncan

gduncan Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, you are all over the place ... and you must have one hell of a short testing cycle! This is the third pricing strategy in a week and now you're taking away everything that differentiates the two products except for the authenticity. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing authenticity doesn't get clickthroughs in a PPC campaign.

The focused pages you set-up last week no longer work and you haven't yet addressed the fact that your books are also being sold on Lulu http://stores.lulu.com/livingoffthegrid. I want to try to get serious about one of these products and you're making it hard for me to choose yours.

gduncan, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  8. webtarded

webtarded Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been promoting swerds product, and kind of watching yours from afar, hoping you'd get things sorted. I've sent a little traffic to you, but it's been minimal. If you hadn't been bouncing the price around and changing stuff up so much i may have sent more, but if in the end your changes are beneficial i'm all for it.

Not sure how everyone else feels about this, but I think this is a smart move, consolidating them all under one price umbrella. I see this as being MUCH easier and worthwhile to promote for an affiliate.

webtarded, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  9. ScoTech

ScoTech Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, I think it the pricing structure might have even been confusing some customers.

ScoTech, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  10. affiliateking

affiliateking Peon

Best Answers:
    This is completely nuts. I have never seen anything like this...

Andrew, what in the heck are you thinking? You are jerking everyone around with your pricing changes and comission% changes, and now you are copying HUGE parts of the competing products sales page? WTF.:confused:

affiliateking, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  11. andrew1056

andrew1056 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to learn. I used swerd's as a base. This website started out to inform people and I'm trying to wrap my head around turning it into a publishers site.

There is nothing wrong with using swerd's page as a base. In an hour or so there's going to be nothing of his left on it. Swerd used our books as a base for his product so I'm just using his to start and add our authenticity and other stuff in. Don't tell me no one here doesn't do this. All the water car products are based on water4gas and I'm sure Exilus' new product is based on swerds or mine.

As I said, I'm still trying to successfully go from a website with adsense and 1 sale a week into something that pumps out 200 sales a day. I will make blunders, but I'll own up to them and try to explain why I did them and I will apologize.

12. ScoTech

ScoTech Peon

Best Answers:
    At least you are communicating with some of your affiliates on this board, which is more than most publishers do.

ScoTech, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  13. Exilus

Exilus Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, my product is based on swerd's. But no where in my product nor on my landing page can you find similar or exact images/quotes.....

Exilus, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  14. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey mate,

Its ok to base a product/website on another but actually copying it is no good. No im not going to get layers and all that stuff in involved like some have mentioned to me. (too much stuffing around and money + prob not worth it)

Instead, Im going to help you and I think after reading this you will actually want to change the sales page anyway.

OK - Your gravity has actually gone UP since e4e was made and here is why.

People are promoting e4e on review landing pages and your product is listed next to mine. So thats why your gravity has gone up.

Here is whats going to happen if your sales page is too similar to mine.

Visitor goes to landing page. they see the products next to each other.

They read my sales page then decide to check out your product. About 2 minutes into your page and they wil be like "hey, this is just like the other one"

Now because e4e has very good branding the visitor will more likely decide to click back and purchase e4e.

I think your original sales page was in fact better then the one you have now. So you would need to edit this sales page a lot, so that when visitor come off my page onto yours, they do not want to see the same thing because this won't help you.

Another reason why I dont want to have similar sales pages is because other people will then think they can do the same. This product would then turn into something like the "watercar" niche which to be honest has turned into a bit of a joke with the duplicate products (mine included :p)

This product is NOT like that niche. That book is basically PLR. Neither of us want it to happen to this niche.

If this happens it is going to dilute both of our products and there will be no trust - no trust = no sales.

Hope this helps you decide what to do.

Cheers,

Swerd

Swerd, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  15. Exilus

Exilus Banned

Best Answers:
    well then there will be 3 of us....

Exilus, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  16. andrew1056

andrew1056 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, there will be 3 of us. This is a growing niche and I do expect it to overtake water4gas in the next couple of months.

Many people have told me the reason we don't get super affiliates is we have to many leak points, so I'm going to base my sales page on yours, but it's going to focus on our journey and our expertise. I'm tired from working so much today, but I hope to have it finished by tomorrow. In fact one of your affiliates emailed me and said so ;).

I understand about the dilution and am indeed going to have it's focus different from yours to differentiate the two products.

Well everyone, here's the next big thing in the making. We got called crazy a couple years ago, but I laugh all the way to the bank now ;)

Anyways, it's off to relax because my brain is dead.

17. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey mate,

I actually only just read through your sales page just then and I must say.. You have copied waaay too much.. + A lot of it is word for word.

Look below at all of the info you took from my sales page (word for word) :

*** the above quotes are copied directly off my site ***

You need to change this.

----------------
    Compare the 2 pages:

www.earth4energy.com
    www.living-off-grid.com
    ------------------

again, when I made my last post I hadn't actually read your page.. Having gone through it properly now - This is not OK. And I hope anybody reading this realises that it's NOT ok to do this.

not to mention you have also taken all my order graphics and images of windmill and solar panel.

hmm

Swerd, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  18. webtarded

webtarded Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a few observations, take this as constructive criticism.

• I noticed that you've again dropped your commission back to 50%. You're selling at the same price as swerd, yet giving 25% less commission? That's not much incentive to promote your product.
    • Not to mention that you've changed your payout to affiliates 5 (FIVE) times in the past 2 weeks! What the hell are you thinking? If you're unsure, don't keep screwing around with it until you ARE sure.

• And, as someone else pointed out and you've failed to acknowledge, this:

----->http://stores.lulu.com/livingoffthegrid<-----

That's a huge red flag for anyone that's thinking about promoting this.

All this bouncing around isn't helping your product or your credibility. It's really too bad because it would be great to have another product in this niche to promote. Incidentally, i do think you've got a good product with tons of potential, but if you keep pissing off all the affiliates, you may as well just keep selling through lulu. So i guess for now, until you get your act together, i'll avoid promoting this and recommend others do the same.

Again, take this as constructive criticism. The reason i took the time to write this up isn't because i wanted to piss you off, it's because i'd love to have another product like this to promote.

Good luck

webtarded, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  19. Exilus

Exilus Banned

Best Answers:
    Well it looks like my main competition is gonna be swerd and just swerd...you obviously have no clue how to manage your business.....

webtarded. im releasing a product like this one either tonight or tommorow, its already CB approved. The design just needs a little fixing. Then ill pay the 50$ fee and post the URL here.

Exilus, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  20. webtarded

webtarded Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not even sure what to think about this. I was doing a little ezine reading, and came across this from an article that les j. oke wrote. I'm assuming that's your father:

http://www.homemade-wind-generator.com/gpage3.html

It's your father's website, and he's using his own graphics from his own product to promote swerd's product. Talk about mixed message.
    :confused:
    lol

webtarded, Aug 1, 2008 IP