1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OFFGRID07 fights back!

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by andrew1056, Jul 18, 2008.

First of all I want to congratulate you Swerd. You saw the opportunity that we've been riding for over a year.

Well, I guess it's time for me to stop sleeping because the secrets out. Renewable Energy products are a largely untapped market which several affiliates and Swerd is finding out.

I wanted to let everybody know that we've made some massive changes to our site in the past couple days. We started out not really knowing anything and moving from there.

For people who promoted our product before you'll be happy to know that adsense and all affiliate links have been removed from the articles on the site.

We have increased the price point of our products to $29.97 and $67 (after clickbank approves the price limit increase, should be tomorrow) with affiliates getting a 75% commission.

We have a short affiliate page at: http://www.off-grid-living.com/affiliate

For those who want adwords info please use the link at the bottom. It's a website I built to track this sort of thing to help me become a better affiliate. (works wonders).

I will be posting a full keyword list from google analytics on the affiliate page which you will be able to download in excel format within the next hour.

Now I'll get into why our site isn't a single sales page. Every single person who buys something visits 3+ pages. Our site has been online since 2005 and we've done a lot of experimenting. By making our site a single sales page sales dropped by 50%+. Our best affiliate converts at just over 3% using articles on EZ. Our top adwords affiliate converts at a little under 2% (ad spend around $10).

Our refund rate is below 3% and has stayed there since we've started so you know we have a good quality product. Most of the refunds are affiliates who buy to read and from people who don't want an ebook.

Our publisher id is offgrid07 so you can check us out at cb-analytics.

I don't know if I've missed anything, but I'll post later on.

As always, constructive criticism is welcome! If I don't agree with it I'll tell you the tests and why it's like that. I was testing pretty heavily until the last 2 months when I've went on vacation and almost slept through swerd coming up from behind. (congrats though!)

andrew1056, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  2. andrew1056

andrew1056 Peon

Best Answers:
  3. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Really nice share of your keyword data dude. I'll throw some stuff your way too (I am also promoting Earth4Energy.)

Zibblu, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  4. ScoTech

ScoTech Peon

Best Answers:
    You are on top of it man! I actually sent you an email this week saying I liked the fact that you removed the Adsense off the site, but thought 75% commission was more appropriate, and Bam, here it is(I know it wasn't because of me, but at least I am starting to figure this game out, like you are too)! I'm glad you have made some real "pro" move with your product. I have 1 Live article so far, and the traffic is flowing. Should be more soon. Hopefully you will be my second successful affiliate product I promote.

ScoTech, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  5. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Can you link specifically to one of the 5 products or do you just link to the home page?

Zibblu, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  6. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Very good move in removing the adsense from your sales page. I think this will help your conversions A LOT.
    Cheers for the comments and good luck with your sales.

Swerd

Swerd, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  7. gjvblack

gjvblack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your keywords, promoting green earth is what we need. Save mother nature!

gjvblack, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  8. andrew1056

andrew1056 Peon

Best Answers:
    I will be putting together a php script tomorrow so that you can add a url parameter in to redirect to a certain page.

9. andrew1056

andrew1056 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Swerd! I think what we have once it hits mainstream will make water4gas look like peanuts ;)

10. andrew1056

andrew1056 Peon

Best Answers:
    Update:

I've finished the php script to redirect to any page. Please add the url parameter yz to your url like this:

xxx.offgrid07.hop.clickbank.com?tid=whatever&yz=1

yz can have 5 options:

1 - wind generator
    2 - solar panels
    3 - bio diesel
    4 - renewable energy solutions
    5 - build your own house.

Anything else you guys want feel free to ask! :)

11. webtarded

webtarded Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it just me or is the site down? I tried to look at it yesterday and got the same error.

:confused:

webtarded, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  12. 7thAngel

7thAngel Member

Best Answers:
    No, it's not you. It won't come up for me either.

7thAngel, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  13. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    he accidentally put .com ... make sure you change it to .net ... I had the same problem until I realized that.

he put "xxx.offgrid07.hop.clickbank.com?tid=whatever&yz=1"

change the .com to .net so it's like this

"xxx.offgrid07.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=whatever&yz=1"

Zibblu, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  14. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may want to remove Digg buttons from the pages, because it doesn't look like a sales page, but a simple post.

bl4ckmaN^, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  15. andrew1056

andrew1056 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry guys, been away for the day. Digg buttons will be coming down today. I've got some nice emails from affiliates. The adwords guys are making $20-$30 per sale now which makes them want to spend more :) The commission and price increase is going well.

Conversion rates have went way up!!!! Check out the attachment. Only 2 sales showing up in the stats so far but it shows how awesome these changes have been!

Forgot they're only thumbnails. Check out here:

http://www.off-grid-living.com/stats.png

Attached Files:

andrew1056, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  16. frugalwench

frugalwench Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going to be promoting some renewable energy things on my urban homesteading site. I'll add you to the list.

You're right that renewable energy is where it's at right now. I'm getting in while the getting is good.

frugalwench, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  17. andrew1056

andrew1056 Peon

Best Answers:
    Digg buttons are removed. Conversions have almost doubled :). People seem willing to pay the higher price and my affiliates are REALLY happy.

andrew1056, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  18. 7thAngel

7thAngel Member

Best Answers:
    For me, it's a browser issue. It won't open in FireFox. Switch to IE and it works.
    Is anyone else having the same problem with FireFox or is it just me? I don't want to promote this if it won't work with FireFox.

7thAngel, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  19. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    works fine for me in FireFox. I almost never use IE except to make sure a site works in it.

Zibblu, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  20. 7thAngel

7thAngel Member

Best Answers:
    It's working fine now... I'll blame it on sunspots :D

Thanks for your reply.

7thAngel, Jul 20, 2008 IP