1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Odesk Scam - DON'T USE ODESK.com **Odesk Scam Warning**

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Melvinng, Sep 27, 2009.

1. SpyShifu

SpyShifu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely right. I done one project for $5200, but right after 1 month & 2 week his price went up $1360, after such a long time & when I already commit many persons, who would be related to my team in future projects. I've to pay him such amount to get my project done.
    Right now, I've found very talented person on SEOclerks site ( who knows! ), who done my similar project at half price & not to mention many revisions.

SpyShifu, Jan 9, 2014 IP
  2. Derelle

Derelle Peon

Best Answers:
    I always heard before you go on odesk and hire someone you should do your due diligence so that you want end up getting burnt.

Derelle, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  3. Mike Mountain

Mike Mountain Member

Best Answers:
    You have to tighten up your hiring process and only hire good people. Seems like you made the mistake, not odesk.

Mike Mountain, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  4. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion and per my previous experiences, it's important to assess potential risks and liabilities when considering outsourcing projects or work and employing individuals over the web, phone, etc. that you have not actually not only met in person, but actually signed binding contracts and paperwork with to reflect a genuine commitment. This isn't even to mention expectations and potential discrepancies with work ethic, and performance ratings or expectations. I encourage anyone and everyone interested in outsourcing work through sources or websites such as these to do their due diligence in fully understanding the outlined policies, guidelines, and expectations per utilization of said websites or resources. All the best. William

wco, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  5. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great post and great information. Thank you

tbtoyl, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  6. ftechsolutions

ftechsolutions Member

Best Answers:
    I am really Sorry to hear the bad experience you have had on elance and odesk . trust me not everyone is bad. while i do agree that companies in India and Pakistan as well as Bangladesh do tend to be on the higher side of slackers :) but not everyone is bad.

Outsourcing is a blessing. you pay 3 times lesser than what you would actually pay on shore.. none the less we all have experiences.. just move on and make sure to use the bad experience as they say..

When you get nothing , you get experience :)

ftechsolutions, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  7. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For anyone here who is interested, I found taking the Microsoft and other tests to be certified through the Odesk site to reflect via your profile credentials to be pretty useful in applying to different job opportunities on there. Back when I used Odesk more actively. it was actually common that such criteria was required. Even with that being said, I occasionally would reference back or use that profile page to demonstrate to real life employers as well my capabilities, certifications, 'areas of expertise', etc. offline as well. All the best. William

wco, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  8. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also faced same problem , one of my freelancer failed to fill up my criteria but odesk told me to pay him as he did work. I paid him but he rated me negative , i asked odesk can i remove this , they told sorry. but when i rated a guy negative , he refunded my money and rating was dismissed. so i hope odesk give priority to freelancer more then clients.

Amarkolom, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  9. onlineaholic

onlineaholic Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, has the dude been banned? He is obviously a trash anywhere, too.

onlineaholic, Jan 21, 2014 IP