1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Odd Yahoo crawling?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by aleco, Oct 27, 2004.

I've been checking through my logs etc and noticed the Yahoo spider has been accessing some urls that either don't exist, or have been written with mod_rewrite. The last one I found was particularly strange as it uses the .html extension to a page that doesn't exist - if I rewrite the url or make a normal static url, I either end them in .php or .htm

It's also tried to access my main url but added PREMIAIRSESSID/5bc9f0744126394912fb7/p and /h/9198rgd.html onto the end of it! :confused:

The weirdest one is /index.phtml?command=further-details&resultRow=2004-08-04|JMC||BRS|BRISTOL|KGS|Kos/Kalymnos|Self+Catering|7|25

Actually, as I write this I notice even more!
    /portal/templates/ms_daydream2blue/css/template_css.css
    /resources/books/index.asp
    /PCL-740-rackmount-computer-8011.html
    ...etc.! :eek:

Any ideas what's going on here? In some ways it's as if the spider can read the non-static urls rather than the rewritten ones - I didn't think that was possible...is it? It's a brand new site so there's no old pages linking to these non-existant urls etc if that helps!

It's from the ip range 66.196.91.xxx which I presume is the Slurp range, but I've not double checked.

:confused:

aleco, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  2. Redleg

Redleg Raider

Best Answers:
    Have you just registered the domain name??

If you have, then it's possible that it's been used in the past, and Yahoo is crawling old links..

Have you checked on www.archive.org ??

Redleg, Oct 28, 2004 IP
  3. aleco

aleco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply and suggestion - I've just checked that site now but it's not come up with any results for my new domain! :confused:

Any other possibilities? Has no-one else noticed this on their sites?

aleco, Oct 29, 2004 IP