1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obtaining a Database?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mjewel, May 23, 2005.

Currently I have a small directory on one of my websites. The company name, address, phone, website, etc. is all manually input and uploaded into a MYSQL database. It hasn’t been too much of a problem because of its small size.

How does one go about creating a much larger specialized directory?

Can any recommend any companies that sell database lists, similar to a mailing list, but which also includes website urls?

Is there a good automated web data mining software?

For example, if I wanted to create a database of photographers, coin dealers, etc., where could I obtain a list? I would plan on reviewing each site before inclusion, but it would still be easier than doing a web search and cut & pasting the information.

Thanks.

mjewel, May 23, 2005 IP
  2. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    melissadata .com is one that come to mind. There are a handful of other that collect every scrap of data and sell the list to telemarketers and spammers and of course insurance, realtors , law enforcement...

sadcox66, May 23, 2005 IP
  3. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look.

mjewel, May 23, 2005 IP