1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Objective Social Networking Software Reviews

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by EJRaven, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vastalitech

vastalitech Peon

Best Answers:
    lol you make the mood good man. I did not want a fight, they all started it. I was told by someone that alicia was released, I do not know if it is their final build or not.

vastalitech, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  2. vastalitech

vastalitech Peon

Best Answers:
    On phpizabi website it is written:

PHPizabi Alicia Demo Now Public!
    The PHPizabi Alicia Demo site is now OPEN to the public! Visit http://demo.phpizabi.net • details

3. kartik786

kartik786 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thnx mate :)

kartik786, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  4. vastalitech

vastalitech Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem buddy, just give me an insight on clenard's views if you can. :)

5. vastalitech

vastalitech Peon

Best Answers:
    BTW http://www.fuckantastic.com/ good one :-p.

6. bmanfu

bmanfu Guest

Best Answers:
    I am interested in your discussion. I have programmed professionaly for the last 9 years. I have used both PHPFox and Buddy Zone. I stuck with Buddy Zone.

Why? From a novices perspective, PHP Fox is flashy, marketed well and is compatible with several other software programs. The problem: it is coded very, and I repeat VERY, poorly. It runs somewhat well, but it is written like Open Source Code. Any programmer will tell you that Open Source Code takes a long time to read as so many people input into it.

Now take Buddy Zone. Although it might not have the glitz of PHP Fox, the base is very strong to build from, the code is solid and very easy to follow as it was built mainly by one person. From BuddyZone, I have added half a dozen modules seamlessly on top. PHPFox, I stumbled time and again to get it to work properly.

There comes a point where you have too much code. PHPFox killed my server CPU, where as the lightness of BuddyZone allowed me to add many more features. From a programmers point of view with many websites under my belt, go for Buddy Zone. You will be glad you did in the long run!

bmanfu, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  7. tovar

tovar Guest

Best Answers:
    I must say that I been ussing buddyzone for a few months now and I like it a lot, I have purchase this licence from vastal tech and they have made special changes to my needs, this guys are really good, they also custom made an mp3 check out system for me that works great, they are very professional . I am a happy customer.

tovar
    www.tumodulo.com
    www.elmodular.com/mp3_store

tovar, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  8. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    clenard, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  9. vastalitech

vastalitech Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Keep writing. I do not care anymore. It is a waste of time for me to chat with a person who cannot admit he stole the script, because I did not receive any email as requested. The above 2 postings are from legitimate users. See ya and good luck with your bashing everybody's work. Thanks.

10. abcbakus

abcbakus Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok this is crazy that this is going own.Vastalitech owns the application and if you think you legally bought the application and own the right then proves it. It is that easy.

I was interested in a community scripts and saw phpfox and also later that week I came across buddyzone..I went with buddyzone. I am not saying any one application is better than the other is or not, but it is base on satisfaction and it will depend on the user needs and taste.

For you to come saying this like is unprofessional. For someone who do not have any idea of programming and php, I have a running site and it is flexible to add other features and it features are great compare to others I have seen. If you decide you build a community site and need features similar to it, I will recommend Buddyzone 10 out of 10..

abcbakus, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  11. CodeMonster

CodeMonster Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, Mr. Ankur Jain. Looks like I hit on a sensitive area there (and looks like I'm not the only one). Truth always hurts the most. Lets make this forum a little more popular for the Google searches engine shall we.

By the way I am not an owner and I do not have a ventured interest with http://forums.digitalpoint.com.

Unlike how Mr. Jain states, I am neither a thief, nor am I some hateful or threatening person, but rather a very disatisfied customer who not only didn't get what he paid for, but was insulted when he asked for a refund.

Below you will find my forum post on Mr. Ankur Jain’s website after many unsuccessful attempts to contact Mr. Ankur Jain concerning my NUMBEROUS issues with the Buddy Zone script. This is the forum post that was deleted.
    After this post I had 6 replies from other clients of Mr. Ankur Jain’s that I would assume had purchased the Buddy Zone script that where also interested in the fixes and wanted to know if Mr. Ankur Jain would repackage the Buddy Zone script with the updates. I only hope he did this for them because it is never fun picking through someone else’s code.

This was my first post after about a week of trouble shooting. At which time I decided that since I had purchased the script (399.99) that I should not be responsible for de-bugging it.

I am anxiously waiting to see how Mr. Jain is going to spin this into my being hateful, unreasonable or threatening.

CodeMonster, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  12. PPS

PPS Peon

Best Answers:
    I purchased Buddy Zone in June and Mr Jain has been nothing but helpfull. I too have had minor bugs and he fixed then in no more than 2 days flat. I bought another social network of someone else last week and it has minor bugs and I spent 5400$ on that script and I'm helping Debug it. The point I'm trying to make is that you are bound to have some minor bugs no matter what you spend.
    I researched all the other companies before I purchased Buddy Zone. I am very happy with the script I purchased.
    I hope you guys resolve your issues.

PPS, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  13. vastalitech

vastalitech Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep posting whatever you wish to post. I am not even bothering to answer anything now. All i am going to do is ask my happy customers to write the truth. See ya.
    Just one thing I wanna add to prove what this person in reality is:
    and he writes Below you will find my forum post on Mr. Ankur Jain’s website after many unsuccessful attempts to contact Mr. Ankur Jain concerning my NUMBEROUS issues with the Buddy Zone script.

If you can just cool down a little and were cool down at the time we were having disscussions and when I was just sending you emails sir please explain how this is a bug because it is working on my side and you could have just sent me the ftp login which was asked for to check some installation settings, instead you threaten us to write everything on internet, we would not have been fighting at this moment. You yourself have written that Bug 5 was fixed. Bug 1 and 2 is not a bug because the songs are stored in cache of the users machine, just to save the websites bandwidth, if cache is removed the songs are removed as well from the flash player. You saw the demo before purchasing the product how is Bug 4 reported by you a bug? It was not yet included in the software.

Just tell me one this:
    1) How many times did we chat on Yahoo?
    2) The problems mentioned by you besides Bug # 3 are not really problems, you as well know that.
    3) When did i say in any email/IM message that I will not fix what you want to get fixed.

Just answer the above.

14. DesiKilla

DesiKilla Guest

Best Answers:
    i dont know where u learned to review from "CodeMonster" btw do u review by the sites look or by its work...i think you review by looks..well let me tell u something, looks can be decieving. I had experimented scripts such as Phpfox,Handshake,OurSpace and many more but none stood chances against buddy zone. You see buddy zone looks as if it is an poor structure site but comparing to Handshake or Phpfox its structure is richly developed. It can shaped and changed in any direction and in style which is crucial for a community site. Now forget about the sites looks its feature are rock solid and well developed, any well know coder will say this is an excellant script. I see many are saying that it has security issues, video deleting issues & many more..but i guess they i dont think they ever even used the script. I should tell them this hearing about a sites structure and looking at a site structure is two different thing. I currently own more than three sites...in three different language and guess what i am running buddy zone witout even a single hiccups. So lyk i said if u want to review first review you own knowledge then judge a script, not by its look but overall of its structure adn its solid work!!! and get ur facts right CodeMonster!!!

DesiKilla, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  15. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    EVERYONE JUST STOP!!!!

All of you ruined this thread, please read the topic title and next time stay in topic!

I have reported this thread to a moderator and ask to close it.

I will repost an updated review and I ask this time around to the developers to please stay off my threads, you do nothing but argue and defend your software from people's pure opinions, how low do you have to go?

Reported thread.

EJRaven, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  16. vastalitech

vastalitech Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Good idea, I was about to do the same. Moderators please. Thanks.
    Raven I have no personal enemity with you, I was just posting my opinion and it was Clenard and Bill who made this into a fight. I hope you do understand. Thanks

17. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A pirated copy can be up to date, so that's meaningless.

Anyway, does phpfox or buddyzone can catter for foreing languages? I don't think so :) Didn't read anything like that on the websites, but i can be blind to the obvious sometimes.

JamesColin, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  18. quantumd

quantumd Active Member

Best Answers:
    phpFox 2.0, called Konsort, is suppose to be multilingual

quantumd, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  19. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, another alias here to make an attempt of bashing your clients.

Now I don't know about PHP huh? Interesting... I guess assumptions come a dime a dozen from your company? Oh well, keep going... it only gets better. :D

Good luck to anyone thinking of purchasing Buddyzone... I feel sorry for you.

clenard, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  20. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The demo site has been open for a couple of months now. I'm wating for the actual release.

MattUK, Oct 9, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.