1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama Approval Rating Falling!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

What is unusual is thinking the California Straw Poll has any meaning whatsoever......wake up people - RP is RIP.

Breeze Wood, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  2. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Now now Breeze, Mia will agree with you.. :D

The Webby, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  3. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You get the feeling Breeze had no idea which way to weigh in on Ron Paul until one of us spoke nicely about him?

Obamanation, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  4. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    You are a joke, O.

5. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Then why aren't you laughing? :D

6. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    You are a Joke is a laugh....

7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I see growth in "them vs. us" sentiments in regards to the government and many believe Ron Paul is truly for the people. Of course, he says all the right things, but who the man behind the words is is yet to be seen. Would hate to see another "ONE" run the promise train off the first cliff.

Blogmaster, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  8. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree, but why aren't you laughing? :D

9. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    I get the feeling that garden is playing wonderful tricks on him... :)

You are spot on..
    He says a lot of right things (except for wacko predictions), he nails things when it comes to economical reform. he is standing firm on foreign policies.. The only question remains that can the guy do the things that he says he will do? Or will he eventually turn into another corporate puppet, like pretty much every other leader in the world?

The Webby, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  10. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Ron Paul has a bit of something for everyone, among other things, I really like his views on civil liberties. However, he's not really "in" with the Republican party. I don't believe he has much chance of winning the GOP nomination.

I guess there are a lot of candidates hoping for that "at least he's not Obama" vote. :)

Rebecca, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Maybe his job is just to give people the illusion that there is something better on the way.

Looking at the financial crisis and the ongoing international conflict, I believe that whoever makes people believe he is willing to end it will win and other than him, I cannot see another candidate selling this credibly.

Obama won the "I am least like Bush" vote when people were still happy with Kool Aide.

Blogmaster, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  12. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    His choice to run as a Republican marginalized his appeal to Independents that are his core supporters, Republicans prefer Stars over intelligence.

Breeze Wood, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  13. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That, I feel, is the issue. Both parties want candidates they can control and Ron Paul is not someone the Republican party can control. They will find a way to force him out, the same way the Democrats forced Hillary out.

Corwin, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  14. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You're right. I think whichever candidate that appears to be capable of tackling the economic problems successfully, has a great chance of winning. However, in the area of "ongoing international conflict", and as it relates to foreign policy or defense, he may get more support from Independents, and even the Left, rather than Republicans. To be honest, some of his foreign policy statements even make me a bit uneasy. For example, in regards to Osama Bin Laden, I forget exactly what he said, but it amounted to, "I would have just told Pakistan he was hiding out there." Facepalm. LOL. In addition, Ron Paul is actually wanting to cut our military to 1/3 of what it is now. I would rather not be involved in as many foreign entanglements as we are. At the same time, I really just don't feel that comfortable with cutting the military to that extent. I don't know, perhaps redirect some of those resources to our own border security? But all in all, there is much more about him that I like than dislike.

Hey, what have you got against Kool Aide??!!! :)

kool-aid.jpg

Yeah. I think if he were actually nominated, Ron Paul vs. Obama 2012 - he would stand an excellent chance of being elected President. But, most likely, he won't get to that point. It will probably be a Romney vs. Obama 2012.

Rebecca, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    What we do need and what we don't need militarily speaking overseas is really hard to judge when media coverage is all we can observe without knowing the details.

If you want to evaluate what is needed, then we need more information. There is no transparency.

What are the goals? What are the obstacles? How many U.S. or international soldiers have died vs. Iraqi civilians?

Everyone has an opinion but nobody I speak to seems to know the actual numbers.

I am not saying that he is right or that he is wrong. Only saying I see emotional outbursts from both sides without anybody really having an answer to the why.

I agree that the way Ron Paul comes off in his speeches seems weak, but not sure how much of that is because of how he presents himself and how much is based on what he claims the solution is.

Sounds self sabotaging.

Is it really a numbers issue or is it an organizational issue?

Blogmaster, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  16. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

With 14 months before the 2012 elections there are many accomplishments the Administration can highlight in response to the nearly unanimous negative campaigning the opposition has to date been relying on.

The polling is beginning to even out among all the candidates and will be for the better for the positive and steady course Obama has to date been able to maintain.

Breeze Wood, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  17. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As far as transparency, that information is available with a bit of Internet research.

Yeah.

I think it would be both. Specifically, he wants to cut military spending to make it 1/3 of what it is now. Yet, he talks frequently about how we shouldn't waste money on "nation building" in foreign countries, or be the world policemen. His foreign policy is of a non-interventionist variety. It could be that he plans to make it 1/3 of what it is now by never going to war unless we are actually invaded in our own country. I don't know. This video says he also wants out of the UN, IMF, World Bank, WTO, NAFTA, CAFTA, and while it doesn't say in the video, I'm sure NATO as well (and maybe a few other abbreviations). In addition, he wants to end foreign aid, saying “Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country.”

[video=youtube;dlmouMA5VTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlmouMA5VTs[/video]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
    Rebecca, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You betcha there are.

He's managed to borrow $4 billion bucks a DAY for the 3 years he's been president.

Makes that miserable failure GWB look pretty miniscule at a paltry $1.6 billion a day during 8 years as pres.

Mia, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  19. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Fear not,if things get worse,more jobs lost,GNP at a standstill,debt load increasing,another war(Libya),unemployment rising,inflation setting in etc.he will give us another fine speech.What does any of this matter when Obama can leave us with this wonderful fuzzy feeling? He is living proof that all problems can be fixed with rhetoric.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  20. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Despite your sarcasm, I fear that to many weak-minded people you are right.

Corwin, Sep 23, 2011 IP