1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama Approval Rating Falling!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Feb 24, 2009.

1. willybfriendly

willybfriendly Peon

Best Answers:
    Or as shrub is to a Bush?

"Our war on terror is only begun, but in Afghanistan it was begun well." - Dubya June 1, 2002

"The greater the threat, the greater is the risk of inaction – and the more compelling the case for taking anticipatory action to defend ourselves, even if uncertainty remains...To forestall or prevent such hostile acts by our adversaries, the United States will, if necessary, act preemptively in exercising our inherent right of self-defense." - The Bush Doctrine

"Removing the al-Qaida leader from the battlefield eight years ago would not have eliminated the worldwide extremist threat. But the decisions that opened the door for his escape to Pakistan allowed bin Laden to emerge as a potent symbolic figure who continues to attract a steady flow of money and inspire fanatics worldwide. The failure to finish the job represents a lost opportunity that forever altered the course of the conflict in Afghanistan and the future of international terrorism." - Senate Foreign Relations Committee

Just want to be clear about who created what.

willybfriendly, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Osama... dead
    Afghanistan... Doolittle Raid

Nuff said... again, June 2002!

Its almost 2010. In/out.. done!

The only reason we were ever there was to appease the Osama hunters. We had/have no interests there.

Just to be clear, Islamofanatic Terrorist created the "what".

Mia, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  3. willybfriendly

willybfriendly Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah, the disjointed, knee jerk response by Georgie Porgy, and the associated lack of follow through (not to mention misplaced efforts to avenge his daddy) are what created the what.

Many ways to find and eliminate an individual. Full scale invasion of not one, but two, countries would hardly be my first choice.

I would agree though that our interests do not lie in Afghanistan. They are next door, where some 50-60 nukes lie in the hands of a fairly unstable government.

willybfriendly, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  4. TheMarketingMadman

TheMarketingMadman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dont blame me..........i voted for the american......

TheMarketingMadman, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  5. prophet666

prophet666 Peon

Best Answers:
    no surprise,this happens with everyone after the initial period

prophet666, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    A recent Gallup Poll (as we know, its right leaning so you cannot trust it btw:rolleyes: ) indicated that 55% of Americans DISAPPROVE of the way Obama is handling the war. That's at an all time low.

One wonders when he's going to live up to these promises he made???

Mia, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  7. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, Obama's low approval ratings are directly related to the poor economy. This economy is starving - we need to stop sending our money to other countries.

Every informed analyst I see on TV, and every financial professional I've personally spoken to, have told me that if Congress continues to do nothing to save the economy and only focus on appeasing special interests, the US economy won't recover until 2011.

The Federal Government has become crippled by staggering amounts of money from special interests. That's why I'm a Libertarian.
    • The USA needs to import less foreign oil. Like Europe has discovered, the clean, safe answer to that is Nuclear Power. But special interests are preventing Congress from investing in Nuclear Power.
    • The USA needs a manufacturing strategy. Manufacturing provides jobs to EVERYONE that wants to work, as well as a sense of community. But high taxes and unreasonable union wages backed by strongarm tactics and payoffs to Congress are shoving manufacturing jobs overseas.
    • Poorly run companies need to be left alone to fail. "Bailouts are ALWAYS bad for the taxpayer, for the economy, and for business...rewarding the mismanagement of American corporations with a taxpayer-subsidized lifeline does NOTHING to encourage reform or fix the problems that pushed the companies to the brink of failure...bailouts do nothing but prolong the inevitable collapse of companies suffering from extreme mismanagement and poor investments."ref

Corwin, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    NAIL meet HEAD. Spot on!

And he has no one else to blame buy himself. He's spent more and done more damage in his first year than Bush did in 8. WOW..

Nice record there Osbama.

Mia, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  9. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well you just stepped on more ignorant toes than normal. The crying should come shortly.

debunked, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  10. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny how pro-union people wonder why jobs go overseas. Conversely, if we mandated that jobs exported to foreign countries provide the same employee protections US law provides, even if a low (2$/hr?) or no minimum wage was specified, you would see the US able to better compete for the manufacturing base.

Obamanation, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    When you make statements like these I sometimes wonder just where you stand? You're all over the place on a wide variety of issues.

However, if this were the only thing you ever said here, people might think you were a conservative.

Mia, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  12. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Yeh, I vacillate on Globalization. It often helps foreign countries, once again at the expense of the US worker, but to the benefit of US stock holders and US consumers. I think having more capitalist stable countries means more consumers so lets go down that path, bite the bullet and make some money in the long run.

Then I look at the many regulations surrounding US labor and I think we will never have a labor force in this country again because the regulations make it cost prohibitive. One side of me says, roll the regulations back, which in some cases makes a lot of sense. The other side of me says, while we regulate, but do not force our offshore labor to regulate, we are screwing over American workers because an American company could never compete to produce the same product, even if the wages were the same overseas.

Like most issues, there is not a simple answer. Thankfully, wages are coming up in China for skilled labor and it wont be long before they have a harder time competing for manufacturing jobs. Lots of textile work has already moved on to places like Nigeria.

Obamanation, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Approval rating is now officially the lowest in the history of any previous president by this time in their presidency.

Wow... And that from a Gallup Poll.

Way to go Barrack.

Mia, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  14. willybfriendly

willybfriendly Peon

Best Answers:
    What is even more scary is that Palin has a 46% approval rating to Obama's 47%.

It would appear that we have neither going for us at the moment. A two-bit computer program can make a good go of imitating Palin

willybfriendly, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  15. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

~ It is interesting there are any Republicans left who are not teabaggers, or more than one would expect and the teabaggers may rudely discover their shortcomings in 2010 midterms with their defections - to the Democrats delight......All hail Palin.

Breeze Wood, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  16. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    You obviously have no understanding of why the tea party exists. Republicans were already screwed. Its the Democrats who need to worry at this point. As evidence, you might want to look at the generic congressional ballot where Republicans and Democrats now run dead even. In other words, Republicans suck, and Democrats are no better.

Rather than run their own candidate, like that poll suggested was possible, I find they will find strength much more pronounced in voting out people who run on change and then become the Washington fat cats they ran against. Regardless of party affiliation, most of America has had it with the bullshit our politicians do on a daily basis.

Obamanation, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I've refashioned my Festivus Pole for Limbo and am going to market it as the "Obama Approval Poll". How low can you go???

Mia, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  18. DJMC

DJMC Peon

Best Answers:
    We still like Obama in our household......but his popularity is declining MOST among the liberals who got him elected!

(Not pulling out of Afganistan -- was a big mistake)

DJMC, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  19. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you like Obama? (try to answer this with logical and non-emotionally driven answers and facts.)

I really want to know if someone had anything substantial in their reasons, all I saw during the celebration were people saying things about his skin color being the only reason, sure he is a good looking guy, especially compared to his competition, but it wasn't a beauty contest.

debunked, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Number one reasons I remember:

1. NOT BUSH
    2. NOT CHENEY
    3. NOT McCain
    4. NOT Palin
    5. Not quite white looking
    6. Oprah approved
    7. Well Spoken
    8. Had a really large wife
    9. Offered Hope and Change
    10. Promised to undo all things BUSH

Those are the 10 I remember. Not necessarily in that order. He had me with the Hope and Change stuff... A little hope and change never hurts. :rolleyes:

Mia, Dec 9, 2009 IP