1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama Approval Rating Falling!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Feb 24, 2009.

1. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    He should try to get you banned for agreeing with him since this by itself will destroy any credibility that he might have. ;):D

gworld, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  2. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops, there just went any shred of any remaining "credibility", that you might have had, huh? Whooosh, right over your head.:D

In the words of my Girl, 'Brenda Gail (aka: The Closer)', "ThInk you!!!":cool:;)

Nehemiah, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  3. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think gwirld is probably the most ignored member of DP. You can add him to your ignore list and cut down on the gibberish you have to see.

debunked, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

In these cases the cause of the cause of death is lack of health insurance. Could you be any more obtuse?

44,000 people a month in the United States die due to a lack of health insurance according to this Harvard study: http://pnhp.org/excessdeaths/health-insurance-and-mortality-in-US-adults.pdf

---

BTW, Gallup update: 54% approval for Obama today, still moving back and forth in that 50 to 56 range.

Zibblu, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  5. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you read your own source, especially the part that says:

"we calculated approximately 44789 deaths among Americans aged 18 to 64 years in 2005 associated with lack of health insurance"

You said 44,000 per month die, your own source says 44,789 PER YEAR which makes you off by, what, like over 1,000%? lol

Anyways I read some of the report and will try to read more later. You have to agree it's missing A LOT. They're just guessing how many people would have been saved if they were insured when they have NO IDEA. They're totally missing illegal drug use, fast food intake, transportation abilities (you have to GET to the Dr.) as well as the fact that you don't know how many people would still not bother to go to the Dr. even if they were insured. Also, it appears they're counting illegals.

Reseg, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  6. willybfriendly

willybfriendly Peon

Best Answers:
    There's those pesky brownies messing up the statistics again...

FWIW, I know of at least three people that have let relatively minor medical conditions become terminal - all within the past 3-5 years. These were extended family and/or friends of friends. My social/family circle is not that big, leading me to the conclusion that this is pretty common.

Oh, and none of these folk had brown skin.

willybfriendly, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  7. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the statistic includes illegals, its a B.S. statistic pure and simple, just like the 47 million uninsured. which includes 11 million illegals. If thousands die every month for lack of insurance, fine, put an accurate number on it and argue from there. The argument that people should be able to sneak across our borders and receive free health care at the expense of the tax payers is an entirely different argument, and a looser at that.

I find it amazing how various bits of unrelated data add up to a single fixall answer. A(thousands die every month from lack of insurance)+B(Health care costs are rising)+C(Insurance companies are excluding pre-existing conditions) = D(Government run health care). Here is one! A(My wife bitches a lot)+B(We hardly have sex anymore)+C(I'm really horney)=D(I'm going to have sex with my neighbors wife). Its like nobody even thinks about the consequences of the answer, or the merits/solutions of the individual problems. Furthermore, while everyone debates the arithmetic, they ignore E(The country's economy is being burned to the ground and D will contribute greatly to that).

Forget the popularity polls. The poll question they should ask is, "would you like to see America turned into a Banana Republic?".

Obamanation, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  8. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't care about the color of skin and you shouldn't either.

Illegals are illegals regardless of the country they came from and their skin color. They're a different group with different eating and living habits and reasons to not see the Dr. whether it be transportation problems, language barriers, or fear of deportation.

To assume their death rate and treatment rates should be the same as the middle class and if not it's all because of lack of health insurance is silly.

Just like the low income group (most likely to be uninsured along with illegals). To ignore drug use and transportation among many other factors and assume they should have the same death and treatment rate as the middle class or it's because of lack of health insurance is silly.

That's exactly what they're doing in that study. They're taking the extra dead and only acknowledging 1 factor, lack of health insurance... so they're tying the deaths to that assuming there's NO other reason for the extra deaths when there could be MANY.

Reseg, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  9. willybfriendly

willybfriendly Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes,you don't even see it in yourself.

Why so many references to the middle class, and juxtaposing it against "illegals' druggies, etc.

Your words strongly suggest that you are "not like them" - a position that, unfortunately, reflects the same racism and prejudice I referred to with my comment about brownies messing up the stats.

Sad...

willybfriendly, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  10. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    You seem to be either clueless or intentionally stonewalling. The point was clearly made that other conditions exist that would cause the increased death rate among illegals. And while we are "not like them", the issue was clearly defined in Reseg's reply. Odd that you would try to spin a clearly stated position into racism. No refernce to race was made. As a matter of fact he stated:

"I don't care about the color of skin and you shouldn't either. Illegals are illegals regardless of the country they came from and their skin color."

Try to stay on the topic and play your race card somewhere else.

jkjazz, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  11. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you and I agree.

It's amazing that I can't even evaluate a study cited on the board by the likely trends of the groups within the study without being called racist. But I guess there will always be those people that feel they're the judge and jury over others. I didn't talk down illegals and low income people, just stating other reasons why they might not go to the Dr. to show where/why this study is lacking.

Different groups are different whether it's middle class, upper class, low income, or illegals. To see these differences isn't racism, it's seeing the facts. Different groups don't always think, act, or live the same. Some of the people in the uninsured category are perfectly capable of affording health insurance but choose not to. Why is that and how does that relate to their chances of choosing to NOT seek treatment whether insured or not? If one doesn't understand how different groups have different trends then I would suggest they read Freakonomics to better understand "the hidden side to everything" that must be looked at with studies like this to have any credibility.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    Reseg, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  12. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been to many European countries. I can't comment firsthand on their health care because, unlike gworld, I managed to not get sick in any of them.

gworld, what exactly is wrong with you that you needed health care in "many European countries"?:confused:

Ah. Now I understand! Thanks, Mia!

It's not???

Aw, c'mon, Canada's cute. I've been to Canada - it's almost like it's a different country! And their beer is amazing. Molson Brador? AH!:)

No, I'm saying that it's stupid and incompetent to have a government that put together a universal health care plan in only six months, when the best universal health care systems took up to two years to put together. And by all measure, the system the Democrats have put together seems to give excellent care to the rich and marginal care to the poor.

Doesn't "Universal Health Care" mean the same health care system for everyone?

Thank You.:cool:

But here's what bothers me - when the EMT was confronting me about gping to the hospital, despite my illness my mind was alert enough, and I have enough sales & marketing experience, to know i was getting a sales pitch. But what about people that are too trusting and wouldn't know that the EMT wasn't engaging in a medical discussion, it was a sales discussion?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    Corwin, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Canada is in North America. Take a geography class. I never said Canada was in Europe, you did Julie.

Mia, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  14. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your old post is still in thread but I am glad that I was able to teach you that Canada is not in Europe. Now if you leave your trailer park mentality behind, you might be able to learn some more. ;)

gworld, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  15. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe if he keeps telling himself this others will believe him....

or maybe it's just an over-active imagination?
    :eek:

debunked, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Maybe some day he'll learn how to read.

Mia, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  17. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    jkjazz, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  18. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gallup has fallen the way of the other right wing pollsters. Only Daily KOS and MSNBC polls can be trusted now.

Obamanation, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Ok, so the polls are only accurate when you agree with the result?

Nice. :rolleyes:

Anyone care to guess the last time a president sucked this bad this soon? Anyone remember the result?

Mia, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  20. willybfriendly

willybfriendly Peon

Best Answers:
    Uh, Ronald Regan, whose drop to below 50 percent took place Nov. 13-16, 1981.

But, you were probably referring to either Gerald Ford or Bill Clinton, both of whom beat Regan and Obama to the below 50 club.

But, back to the rest of your question (the result)

Two terms with a mixed legacy. The end of th cold war, the fall of the Berlin Wall, the doubling of National debt, major recessions, major shift of personal wealth, and much, much more.

In fact, I think there is a current thread discussing some of Regan's legacy.

willybfriendly, Nov 23, 2009 IP