1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama Approval Rating Falling!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Because you do not understand it yourself.

Wow, over 50%... If you had actually read this entire thread from the get go or any of Zibbys outlandish approval rating numbers, you'd understand the difference between the polling numbers I've continually and consistently provided.

Julian, the adults are talking. Go clean your room.

Mia, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  2. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see that anyone has posted this and I'm surprised. A CNN poll that interviewed 1,136 adult Americans, including an oversample of African-Americans to gauge their thoughts on Obama after 6 months showed:

OBAMA after 6 months
    51% think he's a success
    37% think he's a failure
    11% say it's too soon to tell
    1% have no opinion

Now, compare this to the same poll for Bush 6 months in.
    BUSH after 6 months
    56% thought he was a success
    32% thought he was a failure
    7% thought it was too soon to tell
    5% had no opinion

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/08/05/rel11e.pdf

Of course the circumstances are much different at the times of these polls. One could argue a President's first 6 months depend a lot on the previous President's work and where they left things. Regardless, very interesting.

Reseg, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  3. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Barry Obama approval rating is on the decline.

[​IMG]

bogart, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What's really interesting is that while Bush's numbers were better than Barry's over the same period, most moonbats concluded that Bush as a "miserable failure".

Seems some people have a different concept as to what "percentage" in one direction or another constitutes unfavorable.

Perhaps that pretty picture will make it easier for Gworld. :eek:

Mia, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I try to explain it slowly, so you can understand it.

2/3= 66.66 % The number you claimed was disgusted with Obama

His approval rating is over 50%, therefore the most that can disapprove of him is 49% but in reality is only 37%. Do you understand that both 49% and 37% are smaller numbers than 66.66%? :rolleyes:

may be the next time the social workers visit your trailer, you can ask them to arrange some math course for you. ;)

gworld, Aug 10, 2009 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  6. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Someone has not read how the Rasmussen gets their numbers...political n00bite:rolleyes:

worldman, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  7. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Geez, how can you claim that the Democrats are right on health care reform, when absolutely nobody knows what the Democrats plan actually is???:):):)

Corwin, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Once there is a plan, no one will read it and the dems will attempt to pass it in the dead of night.

bogart, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  9. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    exolain to me who supplies your polling data?

And please don't say CNN or CBS..

worldman, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Wow, now you're quoting yourself. Nothing like forum posting in first person. You apparently do not understand the polling numbers presented by Rasmussen. I really do not have time to explain this to you. I suggest you visit the web site for yourself.

He's a bit of a greenhorn. Among other things!

Mia, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  11. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sort of like how Congress passes their pay raises...

Corwin, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Oh, I am more than sure they read their pay raise bills though!!!:eek:

Mia, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you saying that Rasmussen we site is as stupid as someone here to suggest that 51% approval rating equals to 66.66 % are disgusted with his performance? :rolleyes:

gworld, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    So, I am stating that you do not know what you are talking about. :D

Mia, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  15. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As I said before, read how Rasmussen gets their poll data before talking shit...:rolleyes:

Not everyone believes the skewed CBS and NBC polls out there that continually have Obama's ratings in the clouds...

worldman, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  16. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi World.

I think the point is being missed. This particular back and forth isn't about the worthiness of Rasmussen as a polling source.

Using that source, one member made a comment that not only equated "strongly approve" with the figure for "approval" as a whole - a pretty rudimentary error; but as that same poll shows a 51% approval figure, to say, in the same breath that "2/3rds are disgusted" is another, really rudimentary error.

Clearly, one cannot have both a 51% approval, and a situation "leaving more than 66% disgusted" - right?

Gworld is correct.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
    northpointaiki, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  17. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're not looking at the picture correctly. For instance, todays daily tracking poll shows 29% who strongly agree, and 37% who strongly disapprove.

29 + 37 = 66%. That leaves a full 34%. But if you read the article it explains that this is absolute, and does not include those who are "on the fence." Overall 47% of votors say they approve, that means that 53% disapprove. Thus his overall approval rating is hovering in the high 40's.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ministration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

worldman, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Worldman, if I've got it wrong, I do stand corrected, but I don't see how.

We were talking about August 10. On August 10, the figure was apparently resolved to 49% approve. (I think the comments in question were made early in the day on the 10th, so things settled to 30% strongly approve, 39% strongly disapprove, 49% approve, and 51% disapprove).

Therefore, on the date in question, it is impossible that 49% of the country approved of him, and yet 66 2/3% were "disgusted with him," to use the member's language. Esp. when the poll specifically shows us - 51% disapprove. "1/2" and "2/3" are clearly not the same thing.

I would think also "disgusted" would be better reserved for "strongly disapprove," and if so, as the "strongly disapprove" figure was 39%, perhaps the member confused "2/3" for "1/3"? I really don't know.

But let's take today's figure. At 47% approval - keep in mind, lower than it was on August 10 - it is still impossible that 47% approve of him, while 66 2/3% disapprove, or more properly, "strongly disapprove." As Rasmussen says,

So, on a day that it is even lower approval than on August 10, we have a 52% disapproval, or "just over half the country is disgusted" with Obama, to use the earlier language, and that is is equating "disapprove" to "disgusted." If we're going by today's "strongly disapprove" rating, Obama is at 37% strongly disapprove. Again, pretty tough to equate either 1/2 or 1/3 with 2/3.

To sum, it is impossible that 49% and and 67% add up to 100%; or, if preferred, impossible that 39% and 67% "Strongly disapprove" are the same thing; and pretty clear that "strongly approve" and "approve" are not the same concept. All these things were pretty elementary errors. Which is why my eyes also went cross-eyed when I first saw the comment in question.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
    northpointaiki, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is good that at least some one here understands elementary math. :)

May be Obama should put some money aside in his budget to teach math to people like mia. No wonder USA is in such a deep trouble when people don't even understand 1/3, 1/2 and 2/3 represent actually different numbers and percentages. :rolleyes:

gworld, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the compliment. Now perhaps its time you go do as asked and read ;)

Mia, Aug 14, 2009 IP