1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama Approval Rating Falling!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Feb 24, 2009.

I was surprised to see this graph from Rasmussen that shows Obama's approval rating slowly but steadily FALLING:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ministration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Some people are confident that Obama's approval rating will be below 40% by August.

I think Obama is a good man surrounded by a corrupt party. Pelosi's the problem, but by the end of this year everyone (except MSNBC) will be blaming Obama for it.

Corwin, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  2. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't care for Pelosi, but it wasn't her that put him in office. . .nor is she the President (THANK GOD!!!).

We now have the most inexperienced President in U.S. History, with even less leadership skills/abilities and experience).

His approval rating according to the source you sited is below that of Jimmy Carter, at this time in his Presidency.

Elections have their consequences. . .and you ain't seen nothing yet.

Nehemiah, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  3. Dustin07

Dustin07 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont' like Pelosi or Obama, but his rating really hasn't fallen anymore than any other president from Jan to March of their first year. And his is still higher than our last two presidents at this point (both democrat and republican.) it's a worthless stat.

Dustin07, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  4. scweb

scweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Finally his approval falls, i still don't believe he will be to solve our problems

scweb, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  5. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    phpwnes, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  6. Dustin07

Dustin07 Peon

Best Answers:
    problems such as?

Dustin07, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  7. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's because the NY Times poll you cited is more than a month old.The Rasmussen poll I cited is from today (Tuesday).

Rasmussen accurately predicted the past three Presidential elections I think around ±3%.

Corwin, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Control of Congress is more important than the President is setting the domestic agenda.

Obama has enough experience. It's not the messenger that is the problem, it's the tax and spend message.

Newt Gingrich said about Obama's experience: "Well, Abraham Lincoln served two years in the U.S.House, and seemed to do all right." (Meet The Press 12/17)

President Ronald Reagan: "Government isn't the solution, Government is the problem."

bogart, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  9. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Excessive tax burden.
    Pork barreling.
    Excessive litigation.
    The War on (the side of) Poverty.
    Dangerously hot coffee.
    Vending machines that don't quite push out that snack I was dieing for.

...to name a few.

tbarr60, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  10. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What ever happened to government cheese and hot soup?

Now we have to pay the mortgage for the poor.

bogart, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  11. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's part of the War on (the side of) Poverty. Paying the mortgage thing is kinda surge thingy.

tbarr60, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  12. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm not really surprised by this at all. I knew he wouldn't be able to follow through with even a fraction of the promises he made. The economy isn't getting better either, even though he was porraying himself as though he could get it done overnight right up until the day after he was elected.

PHPGator, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  13. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    America was built on Government Cheese

[​IMG]

bogart, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  14. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So that's why some nasty old buildings smell like limburger!

amanamission, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  15. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Although I didn't expect Obama to keep all of his campaign promises, I was still optimistic when he got elected that he would do the right things. But I didn't expect Pelosi to treat Obama like he's her bitch. Our poor President is just a tool.

And I'm more than a little surprised that the people that supported Obama so zealously have decided not to defend him.

I wish he'd grow a backbone and stand up to his own Party.

BTW, did you know that Congress has spent enough on this recent "stimulus" package to give each and every American household $8,000? And if you add the dollars Congress spent on the "stimulus" packages from Nov 2009, July 2009, and December(?) 2008, Congress has spent enough on "stimulus" to give each and every American household $20,000!!!

Corwin, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  16. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obama ratings are still at all time high among democrats and most republicans.

Peace,

Barti1987, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  17. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, but that's incorrect. Obama's ratings are most definitely NOT at an "all time high". Quite the opposite Obama's ratings hit their all time high on Jan 29.

According to Rasmussen, as of today (Feb 29, 2009) Obama's approval ratings are at an all time LOW.

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday (29-Feb-09) shows that 39% of the nation’s voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Twenty-nine percent (29%) Strongly Disapprove to give Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of +10
    That’s a new high for the number who Strongly Disapprove [and a new low for the number that strongly approve]
    "

Barry needs to stop making speeches and start asserting control of the Democratic party.

Republicans say that government is the problem and when elected prove that they are right. Democrats say that government is the solution and when elected prove that the Republicans are right!

"If you think the economy is bad now, wait until we implement the solution"
    Unknown Economist

Corwin, Feb 28, 2009 IP
  18. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Oooooh... Obama's approval rating is only 67%: http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

Die-Hard Republicans are really grasping at straws for some good news, aren't they?

And who in the hell are the Republicans going to run in 2012? Jindal? Palin? Huckabee? Romney? You have to be kidding me. None of them are Presidential material. The GOP will have to do a lot better if they want to be taken seriously ever again.

BTW: Rasmussen is a GOP pollster. Their polls on approval ratings are junk. Gallup is the standard.

Zibblu, Feb 28, 2009 IP
  19. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    BTW: Rasmussen was the most accurate pollster as recent as November. Interesting thing in the pollster list was that while two organizations got the final tally right, 17 overestimated in favor of Obaman and 4 overestimated for McCain. Gallup beat out only 3. :rolleyes:

tbarr60, Feb 28, 2009 IP
  20. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obama is following in the steps of Jimmy Carter

[​IMG]

bogart, Mar 1, 2009 IP