1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Nvu as an html editor

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by bustour, Mar 26, 2005.

Has anyone used Nvu as an html editor? It's free and open source and seems to be developing right along.
    I've been using it since last summer and I'm pretty comfortable with it; but, it's just about the only one I've ever tried so perhaps I don't know what I'm missing. Maybe it really sucks compared to other editors.

Has anyone with a little more html experience used it and have anything of interest to say about it?

bustour, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  2. redking

redking Member

Best Answers:
    I just downloaded it after growing up with Dreamweaver at the devshop I work for. I think all the editors have their pros and cons. One thing Nvu has going for it is that it's free and open source (like you said) so the developers are more open to feature requests (or you could program them yourself). However Dreamweaver has a strong 3rd party community. It's a really tough call...software is so subjective.

But I would recommend downloading a couple of other editors and try them out. See how you feel with them and compare them to Nvu. Try a 30 day trial of Dreamweaver. Try HTML-Kit (http://www.chami.com/html-kit). Try Adobe Go-Live.

redking, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  3. Webnauts

Webnauts Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can code yourself, I agree with Redking using HTML-Kit.
    I code my pages with HTML-Kit too.

Webnauts, Apr 8, 2005 IP