1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Number of pages.

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Lucky Bastard, Dec 7, 2004.

Is the number of pages used to calculate your weight based on the number of pages returned by the API (thus the same as the keyword tracker tool)? The number returned for me is just over 1/2 what google site: returns.

Lucky Bastard, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  2. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that is how the weight is calculated.

SEbasic, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  3. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    the API source seems to run with a delay / lag. Recent increases on some of our domains tool 24h to move from www to non www on most of G's DC's and are still not yet reflected in the API results although stable on most G DC's.

M

expat, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  4. Lucky Bastard

Lucky Bastard Peon

Best Answers:
    Any idea when I could expect the other 250+ pages of my site to show up in the API? Is it more regular that their very infrequent PR updates?

I am desperate for more weight ;)

Lucky Bastard, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  5. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    It is more frequent but I don't monitor this closely so can't give you a prediction.

Remember all the others may increase in weight as well thus weight increase is relative. Maybe better to "find" some more sites specifically as Shawn introduced master account so weigths of sites can be combined.
    M

expat, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  6. Thewormman

Thewormman Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't I read somwhere that the page numbers on the tracking tool only update when the PR does?

If that is the case and my weight is based on the number shown in the tracker tool I am in for a big bonus!!! :)

Thewormman, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  7. crew

crew Peon

Best Answers:
    The API also only returns the number that does not include 'similar' pages. One of my sites had 1,900 pages in the initial site: results, but if I went through the results, it would only get to about 200 before it would say 'the remaining 1700 are similar to the first 200' or whatever. The API returns the 200 number. I think this is BS because there's no way these pages are similar (they have similiar structure, but the content is much different)

Anyway, this site was new and I expect I just have to wait and let Googlebot sort it out. So, just wanted to warn you...I was extremely disappointed after Googlebot hit 2,000 pages and only 200 showed up.

crew, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  8. Thewormman

Thewormman Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there an informed answer to this?

Is the number of pages shown in the keyword tool what the weight for a site is based on or is it the number of pages listed in a normal site search?

Thewormman, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Based on the API.

digitalpoint, Dec 7, 2004 IP