1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

number 1 site for 5 years now dropped down to 7

Discussion in 'SEO' started by tyankee, Apr 25, 2012.

1. tyankee

tyankee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks, i'm aware of all of this and have only asked for a backlink to this site 2 times - all the rest are natural ones that people put on their sites for whatever reasons. i checked them today and there are some weird backlinks but i don't see how that could hurt the site since they seem to come from legit sites even if not related to Mustangs.

tyankee, May 1, 2012 IP
  2. tyankee

Best Answers:

????? don't see better keyword density or more content?? and better title and description?? also way less ads on the home page?

tyankee, May 1, 2012 IP
  3. tyankee

Best Answers:
    not sure i understand you.. are you referring to backlinks??

tyankee, May 1, 2012 IP
  4. satvatsindhuja

satvatsindhuja Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever the algorithm is changed by the Google the site top position can be changed within the page and should not move to the fifth page. Do the regular optimization without any gap.

satvatsindhuja, May 1, 2012 IP
  5. subhankar.links7

subhankar.links7 Member

Best Answers:
    I think...You have to doing pure SEO & SMO work for generate your Website...try it its help you much...

subhankar.links7, May 2, 2012 IP
  6. tyankee

Best Answers:

???????????????? didn't understand this one at all..

tyankee, May 2, 2012 IP
  7. tyankee

Best Answers:
    i'm sorry i don't understand what you are saying...

tyankee, May 2, 2012 IP
  8. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    SMO = Social Media Optimisation. To be honest, I think "optimisation" is a bad way to look at it. It has this awful feel, like SEO; "make things for search engines". What's wanted though is stuff for people! Social media presence/campaign is a better way to term it. What does that mean? Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages with real followers. By that, I mean: people who visit your site regularly, friends and family. As your brand grows on social media, you'll get more followers. People like to have fake ones, so that it looks like they have a bigger following, but the long-term benefit won't be good. Nice big numbers, but in inactive following. Anyway, there best source about social media for getting customers/traffic/a following is SEOMoz. The main blog and UGC (User Generated Content). Search Engine Land has one or two good articles (I think it was them who wrote an article about the abuse of Pinterest and the best way to make a long-term and trusted presence).

Yes, this is the one from SEL: http://searchengineland.com/why-pinterest-is-not-your-seo-miracle-worker-117762

SEOMoz has a lot of good content, including some videos (whiteboards). Look up stuff like inbound marketing and social media on there.

ryan_uk, May 2, 2012 IP
  9. tyankee

Best Answers:
    thanks again Ryan.. we already do all of the social stuff.. got many followers on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Google + - with links from them as well..

tyankee, May 2, 2012 IP
  10. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Nice one, mate. You'll get great benefits long-term from this. Look for other social media stuff, up and coming. Part of one of this year's Panda updates was that Google is doing better indexing of social media profiles.

ryan_uk, May 2, 2012 IP
  11. tyankee

Best Answers:
    thats what i heard too Ryan.. haven't actually seen it on the search engine listings but i'm hoping it's just a matter of time.

tyankee, May 2, 2012 IP