1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Nuclear War

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by david_sakh, Sep 20, 2004.

1. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    But that's OK, you're all the way in Norway, so the rest of us will be fine :)

SEbasic, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  2. Sorvoja

Sorvoja Don't hide my ads!

Best Answers:
    You will be worse off, since the UK is a nuclear power then you will be a direct nuclear target! Since most UK families doesn't have any guns to defend themself with in the following anarchy and chaos the would be easy victims for those that does have guns. Be prepared.

Sorvoja, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  3. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you'd find me at the local foodstore warehouse, an assualt-rifle and a collection of refrigerators and a towed generator close at hand. (If I wasn't killed beforehand for trying to take those things.) ;)

And yes, I wouldn't die from a nuke. The closest nuclear target the Soviets had in mind would be Charleston, SC or Atlanta, Georgia. Tech in teh boonies, that's me. :rolleyes:

david_sakh, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  4. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Was that a serious comment?

Are you saying that if you live in a country with a lot of guns, you have a higher chance of survival?

SEbasic, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Guns will not save you after they silly bastards with the high technology bomb us all back into the stone age.

This goes to show you why advanced high technology will be the end of mankind, unless God saves us, we are all dead men. :mad:

No gun will save you in the end :)

anthonycea, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  6. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Eh?? How bout everyone else?

Have you ever read Alas Babylon by Pat Frank? Granted; it's dated but it's food for thought.

Dontcha think Cape Canaveral would be a good target? Or maybe one of our military bases.

flawebworks, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    In an all out NUCLEAR war no one will live, it will make the bombs dropped in Japan look like a capgun fight.

If the flash of light and blast do not kill you, nuclear winter and famine and resulting sickness will. :eek:

What will you eat, where will you sleep? Rats and roaches have a better chance of living than any man will. :mad:

No place on earth will be safe from the fallout. If not from direct hits.

8. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    flawebworks, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  9. Sorvoja

Sorvoja Don't hide my ads!

Best Answers:
    If you don't get killed by the bombs (or die shortly after), you will find yourself
    in a radioactive world, maybe without any functional goverments. It might not be a good idea to try to call the police when someone robs you of your last can of tuna fish. Not only will there be no phones, there might not be a police force.

If you don't die right away then you would need to protect yourself, your family and your shelter and your food. In a state of anarchy, the best protection will be a gun.

If the family next door has a storage of canned gods, and no guns then you might as well rob them before someone else does it.

Hopefully it will never come to that. If there ever will be a nuclear war then hopefully it will be limited to India vs. Pakistan, Israel vs. the arabs, or perhaps North Korea vs. the South Korea. If there ever will be a nuclear war then hopefully there will be little or none direct damage to Europe.

Sorvoja, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    If you will shoot the guy next door, what makes you think you and your family will be safe?

You need others to supply your family with food and other goods.

The time you speak of is a time where men will wish for death rather than life, maybe you turn the gun on yourself if you are starving rather than killing your brother to survive.

At least you have a better chance to live in the next life.

With your idea, you die twice if you believe in God.

11. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    there's no reason to act like there's no chance of restoring order. All it takes is for a people to recongize a need and a goal and choose their allgieances.

12. jebby

jebby Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I'd be heading for the hills. I'd have to learn how to make fire pretty quick! It's funny how most of us today know even the most basic things to do with survival.

jebby, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't be silly, the folks in Florida are standing in line for aid, not running to the woods man.

Have you ever lived in the woods with bears, bugs up your arse and mosquitoes biting you all night long.

What about competing with wild animals for food (you will be theirs), if you think it is a picnic living without a refrigerator filled with food and heat and AC or even fans when trying to sleep, think again.

Just watch the news and see how folks are waiting in line for hours just for fuel and food and water from the hurricanes in Florida.

Then tell me how easy it is going to be to survive an all out nuclear war.

You guys better try to stop the war that will kill the earth versus thinking that you will survive it.

The hippies were right about the military/industrial/oil institutions.

The love of money is the root of all evil, remember who said that folks!

Are you willing to lose your life so some assholes can make some money?

14. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Some fairly profound stuff...

Personally, I don't believe in the next life, but I would still not kill someone in order to better myself... I think that is just....

Well I don't know what it is, but I can assure you that nothing on this earth gives you the right to kill another human being, even if it is a choice between you and them.

What gives you more right to live than the person you have killed?

SEbasic, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  15. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Try hurting someone in my family and you will have given me the right...
    (I'm not talking little hurt I am talking about fear of death type hurt. The little hurt will just earn you a little-bit-bigger hurt)

As a father I have the right (resposibility and privilege) to protect my children and also my wife.

debunked, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  16. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    well-said

I think it boils down to don't **** with me, my property, or my family.

17. jebby

jebby Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to me that might makes right is the bottom line rule. I'm not saying that's how one ought to live, but it's how things work.

Florida hurricanes are a bit different than nuclear holocaust. At least in Florida there's still some law and order. If things got bad enough, I'd take my chances in the hills. I'm a bit more backcountry-saavy than the average post-nuclear war mutant. :D

jebby, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  18. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no kids, but if someone touched my family, they would feel the wrath of my friends.

It's happened to me before, and the people responsible learnt their lesson...

The point I am trying to make, is that without reason, (Other than the eye for an eye thing), I would never go out and kill someone, even if my life depended on it.

SEbasic, Sep 22, 2004 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You may not believe in God, but you have a bit of him in you SE.

20. jebby

jebby Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe he has a bit of her in him. Or a bit of them... :p

jebby, Sep 22, 2004 IP