1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Now that Harrison Ford came out as a save the Earth nut, will you still go to see the new Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by qwikad.com, Dec 11, 2015.

I won't.

That hypocritical, silly, leftist agenda of saving the Earth is not something I want to take part in now or ever. Thus, I believe he's ruined his chances of making this movie to be one of the greatest ever. I guarantee you hundreds of thousands of people will not watch it either because of his ridiculous stance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-people-left-planet-don-t-climate-change.html

"Good job", Mr. Ford:

Harrison Ford warns that 'there won't be any damn people' left on the planet if we don't do something about climate change...

qwikad.com, Dec 11, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL...welcome to the world of celebrities.

A "hundred years" ago in a different life, I was a professional studio/nightclub musician and, as such, was always partying with minor celebrities, wannabe celebrities, etc. They are fun people to party with (perhaps the best) but are absolutely witless, shallow, and uninformed for the most part. You would laugh at how they commiserate about having to memorize a few simple lines from a script or new words to a song. Strains their mental powers.

So, as a longtime movie, TV, etc., watcher, I learned long ago to separate the brainless actor/performer from the character/performance. Otherwise, there would be no entertainment to enjoy.

jrbiz, Dec 11, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  3. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So while Harrison Ford is flying around in his plane for recreational purposes, he is lecturing the rest of the people about "climate change"? Really? And he travels extensively, too. Compare his "carbon footprint" with that of the average person and there is no comparison: Ford is a major emitter of carbon dioxide. I get real sick of those Hollywood hypocrites. He is one of the worst.

billzo, Dec 11, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    @jrbiz I know what you're saying, but for me this is huge. If he was talking of some minor political issue, I wouldn't care, but this is a deal breaker. The stupid save the earth agenda is ruining large and small businesses, contributing to the worsening of all aspects of our lives and I just can't put it aside as a non-issue. I was looking forward to the movie, now I will have to wait for some other sci fi flick to come out.

qwikad.com, Dec 11, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I used to sell continuous simulation software that was used by many types of engineers and scientists, including weather and climate researchers. It was used to run the mathematical "models" that everyone in weather reporting and climate studies talk about all of the time. The trouble with any such model is all of the variables and uncertainties that are not accounted for, which is usually the majority of them because no one knows what they are or they are known but cannot be reasonably quantified. I used to regularly talk to climate and weather modelers and they were the first to admit how inaccurate and potentially misleading any such modeling can be, especially with small data sets. For example, if you only have 100 years of climate data and try to model it for extrapolation to the billions of years of earth's constantly changing climate, it is a foolish exercise in inaccuracy. Back when I used to talk to them, they were very upfront about all of this and more.

What seems to have happened now is that so much money is being thrown at these studies that they are now changing their tune and shouting from the rooftops about the accuracy of their predictions as they try to grab as much research money as they can. Hence, for example, the big cheating scandal by the scientists in the U.K. a few years ago. Would have been unheard of in that industry a couple of decades ago when scientists did their work for the science and not the money. There is a lot more money than science in the climate change debate these days. Even someone saying that the science is "settled" is showing how unscientific the debate has become. Science is never settled, only beliefs are and that is what climate change has become.

jrbiz, Dec 11, 2015 IP