1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Now i'm really confused

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bornagaintrader, Jul 29, 2006.

After months sitting in G purgatory in the last few weeks I have started to appear on the first page for my website name. Then last night I just disappeared. So initially I thought I was banned -- however, I am now starting to appear on the 2nd page for 'commerically orientated' keywords -- again out of nowhere. So the name that my site really should be relevant for is gone and i'm starting to show up for commerical terms. Anyone got any ideas?

bornagaintrader, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  2. ewan

ewan Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe the other Google Datacentres have not been updated yet.

Just wait a while it'll come back

ewan, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  3. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    Is the name branded or just a keyword name?

Google is kind of messed up right now. Just wait it out.

AnaB, Jul 29, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  4. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    not clear plz be clear

seo-mumbai, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  5. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It keeps on changing occasionally. No website is guranteed their ranking.

maldives, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  6. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    The datacentres(version of google you are currently using/seeing) fluctuate a lot nowadays.

You will probably see movement every other day sometimes reversing what you saw the day before, unless your serps are really strong, try and get some good links to your site using the business name as anchor text.

You will probably rank for your business name again in the next few days, if it doesn't stabilise then you'll need more links to your site.

If your talking about themastercleaners then I suggest on the footer of your site you link to the domain, and not www.yourdomain.com/index.htm

Also in the footer I suggest you link to your homepage with the business name on every page, instead of a 'Home' link in the footer, you should change that text to your business name.

Also most of the links in that footer there are broken, the pages exist from the header navigation so I would sort the footer links.

sji2671, Jul 30, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  7. bornagaintrader

bornagaintrader Peon

Best Answers:
    I just felt that having featured on the first page for 'the master cleaners' for quite a long time that was a safe bet. As a result I have started using other anchors for my link text. But if I don't see an improvement in the next week then I'll have to pursue that anchor texct

Sorry, I'm a newbie, do you mean rather than have the 'home tag' in the links at the bottom I should use the business name?

As for the broken links -- I'm aware of that and there was a balls up by the designer last time he updated the site so that should be taken care of shortly.

Thanks for having a look

bornagaintrader, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  8. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Yes, change the text of the link from "home" to your business name, also remove the /index.htm part of the link so it just links directly to the domain name.

sji2671, Jul 30, 2006 IP