1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Now Get Paid To Use This Forum (no joke)

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mddv

mddv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is a great idea digitalpoint

mddv, Jun 26, 2004 IP
  2. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I finally got around to adding our AdSense client ID today. It's a great idea isn't it!

With permission from DP I have included our Adsense ID to my signature.

So if anyone is feeling generous and would like to donate their clicks (for one month perhaps?) to our charity for the homeless, please copy the ID from my signature and add it today.

If you want to know who the money helps here are some of the many kids we work with:

Rebecca
    Jazmin
    Andrew
    8yr old twins
    50 more

PS - I do like to say thank you so if you decide to donate in this way please PM me so I can say thanks.

Dominic, Jul 9, 2004 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. younghistorians

younghistorians Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey good luck with your request. I've decided to donate some time, so I changed my ID to yours...ill keep it up for a month.

Thanks!

younghistorians, Jul 9, 2004 IP
  4. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    You have mine changed to yours as well - good luck :)

Foxy, Jul 9, 2004 IP
  5. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks heaps you two :)

Dominic, Jul 9, 2004 IP
  6. tphyahoo

tphyahoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, I am just going to blurt it out, I want a vbulletin forum with revenue sharing... a digital point clone!

I don't think Shawn's mods to vbulletin are public (are they?), but are you interested in selling them?

Also, my proposed forum will not be about search engine optimization but about solari databanks. The content would be similar to forum

http://www.solariactionnetwork.com , where I am one of the top posters (also tphyahoo)

Okay, maybe I might have an seo section, since this is a topic that interests me a lot, but I don't see myself competing with the likes of dp, webmaster world, and seoguy, saturated market right :)

I will be posting this project on rentacoder.com, where you can bid on it if you are interested. With rentacoder, if I accept your bid, I pay rentacoder, and they escrow the payment, keeps people from getting screwed. (I will post again after the rentacoder project is set up.)

You can private message me if you are interested, or bid on rentacoder.

Thanks!

Thomas.

tphyahoo, Jul 18, 2004 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, sorry... :)

digitalpoint, Jul 18, 2004 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Shawn, please send my check today by Western Union, I do not want to go to work any more, I would rather be a self employed DP poster. :D

anthonycea, Jul 19, 2004 IP
  9. tphyahoo

tphyahoo Peon

Best Answers:
    tphyahoo, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    What I see is a shitload of folks going out and promoting the same idea here, maybe Shawn is in fact the originator of the concept. But when folks come here to promote their own forums with the same concept, I think they have a lot of nerve to expect a great reception.

Not only do they look like idea thieves, they also come on this forum to promote their own forums which really shows a lack of vision and class.

I would say it is simply "no shame self promotion" which really will do more harm than good.

I wish those who do this well, but please consider the above message before you do it here.

I see some advertising of this crap on other forums I am on, it is simply a low class way to try to highjack members to their own "classless forums".

Sorry, but I tell it like I see it guys, don't like it, too bad.

anthonycea, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  11. tphyahoo

tphyahoo Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't even have a forum yet. By the way, I was quoted just $500. Too much, I think, it doesn't seem *that* hard to do. But maybe there will be more bids...

thomas.

tphyahoo, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's not terribly difficult to do... Is about 10 minutes of coding when it comes down to it. :)

As far as people "stealing" my ideas, it's nothing new. I've seen lots bids on rentacoder to clone my free tools (keyword suggestion tool, keyword tracker, etc.). I don't think any have actually been successful as of yet (probably they just didn't want to pay enough to get it done). Although the revenue sharing one is the simplest, so maybe it will get cloned. :)

The keyword tracker is probably just too complex to make it worthwhile to pay someone to do it (I would have never paid someone to do it, but since it was my own time it was no biggie).

The keyword suggestion tool while not complex, has a problem for people trying to replicate it, in that we have a private feed from WordTracker for the WordTracker data.

The only thing I would see as a problem for the revenue sharing vBulletin mod is that someone would need a very strong understanding of vBulletin to do it "right". Otherwise they will spend many hours just figuring out vBulletin, which will add to the development cost.

Either way, I'm full of good ideas... The vBulletin revenue sharing is just one of many. I'm kind of surprised it's bee this long without a vBulletin clone of it. ;) But I've already moved past that... it was just an idea I had one morning. Since that, I've already done the coop ad network, the PageRank toolbar widget for Mac, etc.

Just gotta keep a few steps ahead of everyone else in life. ;)

digitalpoint, Jul 20, 2004 IP
    eXe likes this.
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Shawn, please don't tempt me when you say you are full of something, you just give me an open door for comedy. :D

Never leave yourself open like that, please, it is just hard for me to hold back.

Where is Compar when you need him?

14. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn charges (and is worth) $6,000/hour ... so maybe that $500 bid you got from rentacoder was a deal! ;-)

hulkster, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Please forward my DP posting cash, I am waiting for my check, at $ 5.15 per hour I figure Shawn now owes me $ 19,254.29

Please forward by Western Union Shawn. :eek: At your current rate that is only 3.3 hours in wages.

16. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn

i have no idea how much G does mind jogging when its about laws and rules,
    but some of the below quoted phrases out of
    https://google.com/adsense/localized-terms

the below passages in text could also be understood that each adsense participant can only use his adsense code to display adsense on HIS domain or his domains as registered with google for his adsense contract

on above page you find :
    ------------------------------

>> "... in connection with the Web site(s) that You designate .."
    >> "... in connection with Your Site ..."
    >> "... You acknowledge and agree that Ads: (a) shall only be displayed in connection with the Site(s), each of which is subject to review and approval by Google in its discretion at any time; ..."

at least i think with little mindjogging done by G lawyers and legal dept - it could be interpreted and defined as such.

just make sure YOU have no damage after all.

hans, Jul 30, 2004 IP
  17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Jul 30, 2004 IP
  18. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    got it
    thanks Shawn

hans, Jul 30, 2004 IP
  19. tphyahoo

tphyahoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha ha, very funny. I'll do it myself.. I'll show you... I'll show everyone!!!...

;)

Thomas.

tphyahoo, Aug 12, 2004 IP
  20. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Shawn Who? He's just some guy that sweeps the floor at Digital Point, makes $5.15 per hour just like the rest of us. :p

anthonycea, Aug 12, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.