1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

November Summarized

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bl4ckmaN^, Dec 1, 2008.

1. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Paydotcom have lot of features but it dosent have the most important once.

It accept only paypal as payment - people cant pay via credit card which reduce the number of sales drastically.

It does not have any basic tracking such as the "tid" that is passed as parameter which is very important.

Publishers pay affiliates and i heard lot of affiliates that sometimes never get paid. (and paydotcom does nothing)

Apart from that it have lot of interesting stuff if they are implemented to clickbank.

web_18designer, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  2. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good points,yes i have read few of them before,thats the reason i did not recommend them.

getjimmy, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  3. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    PayPal is a credit card processor as well, so what you said was incorrect. Also you can set up tracking channels like TID in ClickBank.

teapoint, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  4. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes PayPal is a credit card processor obviously! but by a cedit card processor i mean a simple checkout page where it accept credit cards straight away - and does not require a paypal account to do a payment.

Regarding tracking I contacted the PayDotCom support and they told me that they DOES NOT support any way to track keywords like the TID of clickbank - they mention it in their list of features on the website but they currently does not have it.

Well at least thats what they told me, if thats not it i would gladly listen to how you are able to do it :) thanks!

web_18designer, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  5. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The thing, which really pushes me away from PayDotCom is that the publishers have to pay their affiliates...And you know, it's not the best way to go...

bl4ckmaN^, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  6. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually like Paydot.com for a lot of reasons.

1) They don't hold your first payment and make you wait until you've made sales from five different credit cards/payment processors the way Clickbank does.

2) They don't take money from you if you're not making sales. Clickbank starts to take a percentage fee out of your account after your account goes "dormant" and hasn't made sales for a while.

3) I haven't had any problems with merchants paying me. Some actually pay faster than they state in their terms. So for sales I make in December I will generally receive payment between January 15 and January 30, possibly as early as January 15 depending on the merchant. That's not bad. Especially considering how when you're selling physical goods (which I do a lot of ) you're usually waiting 90 days to receive payment.

I think we should start supporting the merchants on Paydot.com because it's the best alternative to Clickbank out there, and generally these merchants don't get as many affiliates and they deserve them since their system isn't f**ed up like Clickbank is right now.

Don't you love how Clickbank tells you that it's YOUR problem or it's the economy - when marketers all over the Net have definitely proven through their own stats and detective work that it's them?

If I was doing a JV with someone and they made my earnings disappear for a month, not only would I never do business with them, I'd see that they die a slow, painful death and rot in hell.

Clickbank doesn't act like a business partner. The excuses and non-communication are criminal. I'm waiting to see if some of the big IM players will get the balls to sue them because they must have lost a TON of money in November.

Dan

dangregory, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  7. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dan, I can't get paypal without middleman, and paypal getting, is not like check, wire or other payments where I can check all from my and other side. Paypal tracks IP's so no possibility for me and only hope to believe those guys who gets it from me. Not good. That's bad side of Paydot.com at least for me.

DPParadise, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  8. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    They should provide other options except paypal as well.

9. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    In terms of payment options, I don't mind PayDotCom. Paypal is perfect...You can do shopping on eBay or you can withdraw the money to your bank account, which takes about 5-7 days. It's ok. :rolleyes:

bl4ckmaN^, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  10. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's perfect only if your country is fully supported:) Mine is sending only

11. antantnz

antantnz Member

Best Answers:
    is there anyone who has a fairly even mix of clickbank vs paydotcom sales?

any good comparisons in the diffs in sales over the last couple of months? (e.g. one gone up while the other gone down etc)

antantnz, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  12. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    The main issue about paypal is that customers have to use paypal to make a purchase and cant use anything else. They cant use their creditcard straight away and as we all know not everyone have paypal. Some people wownt purchase when thers paypal simply because they think its not professional enough.

Conclusion- with paypal alone, sales are much less.

web_18designer, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  13. Mr. Mojorisin

Mr. Mojorisin Peon

Best Answers:
    So does PayDotCom have better tracking of sales? Has anyone felt fluctuations similar to that of Clickbank?

Mr. Mojorisin, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  14. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I would like to find that out as well...

bl4ckmaN^, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  15. shand0

shand0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PayDotCom is not filled with products like CB, it is hard to find a good product related to your niche.

shand0, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  16. affiliatenewbie

affiliatenewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not have commented on this post but for the reply I got for one (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=754889) of my queries months before.He advised me to work rather than to waste time by posting crap posts. (Now I see the reversal of roles) In fact the person who makes a post may have a genuine concern but the other party may have a different perception. Let us work instead of waging war here.

affiliatenewbie, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  17. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Well, I believe your question was much different than my one, in terms of importance, and the answer could easily be found....

bl4ckmaN^, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  18. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    No offence, but do you know ANYTHING about PayPal? PayPal also offers a credit card processing service where the user does not need to sign up for an account. Go to any site which accepts PayPal payment and see for yourself, click on the 'buy' button or whatever and you'll a page will come up with the clear heading "Pay with Credit Card or Log In" - emphasis on the 'OR'.

Also, about PayDotCom.com tracking, to create an individual tracking code you click on 'promote products' - 'create new campaign' - 'as an affiliate' - 'creat/view campaign' and then where it says 'just the link' click the link which says 'create new campaign'.

teapoint, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  19. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't understand this, how many of you have been using clickbank for any period of time? I almost always have to drop a product somewhere between 1-4 months because sales dry up and it no longer converts well enough. If you don't do this you should try it and see. In addition marketing tactics that worked before wont work so well now, you need to try new things. Affiliate marketing, like every other method of making money online, is extremely dynamic. I have seen absolutely no 'strange' flucuations in recent months, and I have not bribed CB, therefore it seems to me that the problem is probably on your end. Seriously, just try new things...

wowhaxor, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  20. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    November was seriously crap, but I'm changing my strategies, and hopefully I will finish the year successfully...December ftw!

bl4ckmaN^, Dec 6, 2008 IP