1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Notice of DMCA removal from Google Search

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by acquawater, Jan 27, 2024.

Hello,

I recently received a Notice of DMCA removal from Google Search regarding some links that violated copyright laws posted by my members. I will post the notice right below

Note these links were posted on my community forum by some users. As soon as I became aware of this issue, I immediately removed all 25 links.

I have a few questions regarding this notice:

1. Does this notice mean that the forum threads containing these links won't be indexed by Google, or is there more to it?
    2. Should I respond to this notice in any way?
    3. What actions should I expect to receive moving forward?

acquawater, Jan 27, 2024 IP
  2. GreenHost.Cloud

GreenHost.Cloud Member

Best Answers:
    The notice suggests that Google has received a DMCA takedown request regarding material on your site. While the notice mentions that some URLs may not currently appear in search results, Google retains the information and may act on it in the future if they crawl those pages again. This indicates that Google may temporarily or permanently remove the affected pages from search results.
    You can reply and point out that the problem was created unintentionally and you immediately took the necessary steps to remove the content containing copyright.
    Now that the related content has been removed, I don't think it will be a problem for you.

GreenHost.Cloud, Feb 3, 2024 IP
  3. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you describe these "links" that are being mentioned? Images or text links? More details would be helpful.

kjh-08, Feb 6, 2024 IP
  4. hockeystick

hockeystick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Maybe: "although some of these URLs may not be available in our search results now"
    2. If you have nothing to defend, then no.
    3. Unknown. The threads might be reindexed.

To those who want more, see the Lumen Database.

hockeystick, Feb 29, 2024 IP