1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Not Paying Negative PayPal Balance, No SSN, But.....

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by pcrcool, Jan 15, 2016.

I know this has been asked before, I read some old threads about it. But didnt find an answer to my specific question. I got a scammer who did a charge back on me, so I have a negative $300 balance. I am not paying it. Paypal refused to help, I tried calling multiple times and escalating to supervisors, etc... they won't even take a look at my proof of email communications with the person.

Anyways, they dont have my SSN, but they do have a linked confirmed bank account of mine, and credit card, and my address. You can NOT modify or remove it with a negative balance. So, besides just crap in the mail or calls from debt collectors, can they come after me legally or effect my credit score, since they know my confirmed Bank account/credit card/address? Anyone had this situation?

I am in the USA by the way.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    pcrcool, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, they can still come after you. Since they have your name and address, not to mention banking and credit card info, they can basically do an enquiry on your credit and pull the SSN from there.

For this amount, they will usually just report it to a collection company. For higher amounts I've seen them get court judgement so they can get wage garnishments.

jestep, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  3. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Since you think they are crap, why are you worried about the situation in the first place?

wisdomtool, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing you've never called up someone's credit rating and reviewed it. I do it from time to time and we play a guessing game about what we're seeing. Often it's all predictable - approach several lenders on the same day so each credit check comes up - but sometimes you can see people getting further and further into the shit. Do you want potential landlords, employers and lenders seeing that you had one bad customer and you let them screw you over? They won't be interested in your hard-luck-story, they'll just decide that they don't need a whiner and move on to the next candidate.

sarahk, Jan 15, 2016 IP