1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.
  2. Better Analytics for WordPress Get It Free

Not getting any clicks stuck with $0.00 a day

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by JumbyWumby, May 1, 2012.

I have a site about runescape and I have put some SEO work into and has plenty of links. It is on the first page of all major search engines and I am getting around 300 to 400 page views a day. The ads are mostly related so I don't see why I can't even get one click.
    www.runescapestaking.org

JumbyWumby, May 1, 2012 IP
  2. LesFletcher

LesFletcher Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had a look at your site and analysed it for exact match and phrase match keywords as well as competition and commerciality. The problem from a quick look is that you are getter generic, untargeted traffic probably coming in from the more general terms such as "get easy money" "online money" "get money" "buy rs gold" "free money online" which are being returned by Google.

I don't know if you use the wp-slim stat plugin, if you don't. I can highly recommend it, it's free and will tell you the exact search terms your visitors are using to find your site. Once you know what these search terms are you should check them for commerciality to make sure your visitors are eager to find out how to make money using runescape. For example I have just performed a Google search for the search term "how to make money using runescape" and there are no sponsored results. This can mean one of two things. Firstly you have found an untapped niche, or, there is no commerciality in it. In this case it is probably the second option.

If you are not already doing it can I suggest you find relelvant forums and get direct traffic that way, but use an opt-in and autoresponder series to build a list as you go along. Perhaps write a simple report and offer the information in return your their opt-in. I think you simply need to do a bit more SEO research to find the right keywords to rank for, one which are commercially viable. I wish you every success and hope this helps a bit :)

LesFletcher, May 7, 2012 IP
  3. stockphoto

stockphoto Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on your placement and visitors youa re getting people are really smart and avoid to click the ads now a days on the google adsense.

stockphoto, May 8, 2012 IP
  4. bdgames

bdgames Peon

Best Answers:
    Put your link unit ads under the top menu with 728x90 style, brightly color, this will make it looks like a submenu, this may have some help.

bdgames, May 9, 2012 IP
  5. quiz

quiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would add one of those 300x250 blocks to your content. The people who visit your pages will totally skip those who are on the right side.

quiz, May 13, 2012 IP