1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Not another list of web design tips.

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by benihana, Jul 26, 2007.

Im quite new here. hello.

Whats with all the list of "web design tips" that keep being posted by people who, to be frank, are pretty clueless?

Its fine for people to share their experiences of things they learnt when they built there first site, or to post well considered tips for begginners; but theres a couple of lists floating the moment that are posted as the be all and end all of webdesign, and tbh,are very niave and in some place plain wrong. Things posted as fact which really fall into the catagory of ill considered opinion.

I critiqued one the other day, perhaps a little harshly, and a couple of other knowledgable people jumped in to, yet the author seems to have dissappeared.

Dont get me wrong, Im all for people sharing and helping, the thing that irritates me is the way things are posted as fact and there is little room for discussion and no debate about the specifcs. Its the two way aspect of these boards that make them most useful.

I dont mean to be rude, and ive seen alot of usefull posts too. Its just a couple ive noticed.

rgrds,

Ben

benihana, Jul 26, 2007 IP