1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Not all backlinks shown?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jl255, Mar 18, 2009.

Just interacted with someone who has a site on 1st page of Google for a competitive keyword. And he said that he has done alot of link building over the past 6mths since his site became live.

But on Google, I only see 1 backlink.

So, the question is, google no longer shows all backlinks? Ok, his domain name is highly relevant to the competitive keyword, but I don't think it is possible to get on 1st page with just ONE backlink, or is it?

:confused:

jl255, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  2. Tim_Myth

Tim_Myth Peon

Best Answers:
    Google has never shown all your backlinks when you use the link: command. I think it shows them all (or at least the ones that count) in your webmaster tools control panel. Check Yahoo! Site explorer to find the biggest list of backlinks for a site.

IMO, that's oneof the areas where Yahoo! outshines Google. Pinball machines used to only score 1 point at a time, but then some marketing genius figured out that peole played the game more if you scored 10 o 100 points at a time. Now all pinball machines score 100's if not 1000's of point each time you simply hit a bumper. Moral of the story: People like big numbers.

Tim_Myth, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  3. protos78

protos78 Peon

Best Answers:
    Tell your friend to sign up google webmaster tools. S/he will see all the links there.

protos78, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  4. DJMC

DJMC Peon

Best Answers:
    Google webmaster tools shows about 30% of my total links: 1,805 displayed in GWT control panel. Yahoo counts 6,700 but only shows 1000. (About 16% of total links are displayed).

Therefore both are deficient when it comes to showing links.

DJMC, Mar 18, 2009 IP
    Tim_Myth likes this.
  5. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yah i understand perhaps not ALL backlinks shown, but only ONE?

jl255, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  6. DJMC

DJMC Peon

Best Answers:
    As of today, GWT just increased the links they are showing for my site to a whopping 2,416. (That is a huge increase from 1,805)

Basically I'm seeing 240% more links with Google than I will see at Yahoo Site Explorer, where they only show 1000.

DJMC, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  7. Apice Internet

Apice Internet Peon

Best Answers:
    try to use backlinkwatch.com to see your backlinks

Apice Internet, Mar 19, 2009 IP