1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Not a single penny Yet - Help - Advice - anything will do!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by romele, May 30, 2008.

1. TerrificContent

TerrificContent Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely try the Content Creation forum. For me, it's been a great way to drum up some extra business and even allowed me to find a consistent writing job with a web site. But don't invest all of your career here or anywhere else. Always have a secondary plan and always seek out other ways of getting work. Some of my back-up sources for work include freelance bid sites (Rentacoder and Elance), Associated Content (Product Reviews are ALWAYS accepted and are easy to produce in bulk), and good old-fashioned marketing to people by use of email.

TerrificContent, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  2. romele

romele Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Terrific Content,

Thanks a lot for dropping by this really informative post. I really liked it. Appreciate that.

Thanks once again...
    Regards
    Rome

romele, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  3. Online Writer

Online Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for not getting back to you right away Romele. I'll let you know something very soon though. I'm going to try to snag a block of 50 articles and I will hand some off to you. I won't take any money off the top either lol. They will be all yours.

Just waiting on my provider.

If I haven't sent you there yet, check out www.onlinewritingjobs.com

They have little reviews of GAF, AC, CC, and other paid article submission sites.

A good strategy is try CC first, if it's rejected, try AC, if they won't give you upfront payments, put it on DailyArticle.

Online Writer, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  4. romele

romele Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks for those Onlinewriter,
    But I couldn't get what "CC,AC and GAF" meant. And also the DailyArticle.

Could You elaborate a little bit on that?

romele, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  5. reena_rani

reena_rani Banned

Best Answers:
    Start Marketing your self as a freelancer in world when you free. get success sure.

reena_rani, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  6. viqifrench

viqifrench Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Join Elance.com and bid on as many projects as you can each day.

2. Submit articles to Constant-Content.com in the categories that are most popular.

3. Hit Craigslist.org and offer your services in a few different ads/categories each day. Also respond to ads.

One thing that helps me a great deal on Elance is this: I create beautiful PDF writing samples of my past work. I also make sure I'm sending samples that are very similar to what the client needs.

Best of luck!

Viqi
    http://petleopard.com

viqifrench, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  7. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    I checked out your writing quality to see if I could offer you any jobs

One of the good strategy to improve you Google page ranking is to mark your backlinks to whichever popular sites, forums you visit. Backlinks are the links that are clickable - which can bring the visitor to your site if they click that link.

Maybe you should take a course or something before you get into this career?

Glen, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  8. romele

romele Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reminding that! Well, I wrote those stuffs in haste and with the only intention to keep my blog updated - Ya, the google ranking certainly has a lot of things to do with the backlinks that you are able to create.

I wished you could have seen some of the other postings as well.

Thanks anyway, Glen!
    :D

romele, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  9. romele

romele Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Viqi,

It was insightful.

:rolleyes:

romele, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  10. SFolega

SFolega Peon

Best Answers:
    CC - Constant Content

AC - Associated Content

GAF - Get a Freelancer

SFolega, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  11. romele

romele Peon

Best Answers:
    Thx....

romele, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  12. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Man, oh, man. Don't take offence but it is not the work you have to find. There is one important thing to obtain before you start doing any kind of work and start succeeding. Your attitude.

Ever heard about the Law of Attraction? You get what you believe you will get. Your current mindset is to have a lot of low-paid work. And, know what, the funny thing is that you will eventually get it, the problem being - it won't make you happy.

Why would you accept any amount? Are you really such a bad writer? I doubt about that because if you want to start writing, it would suggest me you like writing. And that is something.

If you earn a reputation of a cheap writer, that's what you will remain for the rest of your career.

And don't show the client that you are desperate - it will drive the price down.

So, mindset, mindset!!!

tankard, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  13. romele

romele Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Tankard,

Thanks for the advice.

romele, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  14. ProWrite4U

ProWrite4U Peon

Best Answers:
    Try writing for associated content, that is how I started out, that and taking freelance projects on GetaFreelancer and Scriptlance.. like someone else said, you have to bid low at first, but eventually, as you build a rep, you can raise your rates and bid on more lucrative projects... hope this helps...

ProWrite4U, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  15. romele

romele Peon

Best Answers:

Hi Prowrite4U,
    Thanks... I just googled for the associated content. Hope it would be helpful. Ya, bidding low is the first step, but there are various other responses that one gets back in this forum, if he/she tries highlighting the same(low bidding). :D

Thanks... :)

romele, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  16. ProWrite4U

ProWrite4U Peon

Best Answers:
    Associated content isn't really that bad, they usually paid me at least $5.00 per article, if you take the up-front payment option. It was nice to be able to pick my own topics, and whatever they didn't take, usually because they already had similar content, I just re-used for my own purposes elsewhere. If you promote your content page, and get lots of people to look at your articles, your ratings will go up, and you can earn even more money. At least that is the way it used to work.. Good luck:eek:!

ProWrite4U, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  17. romele

romele Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing it Pro.... :)

romele, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  18. content.writer

content.writer Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you need to write more posts and contribute. dig in depp at the sontent creation section, and you should also have some samples ready to lure new clients...cheers

content.writer, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  19. Cobrabid

Cobrabid Guest

Best Answers:
    Start your own thread under content, offer cheap article packages, keep the time frame you set up and you will find returning clients.. go get them!

Cobrabid, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  20. neena123

neena123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, the amount people help here is just so amazing. I've recently joined DP and was lucky enough to get a couple of gigs. However, I was lucky because, I had good samples to showcase to the clients. I had ghost written a few articles, for a travel blog just a couple of weeks back, as a favour to a pal, I got peanuts for them, yet I wrote them well. Now the same articles have become my samples through which I've been able to find good work. Another thing that I did Romele, was take up forum posting in my spare time, didn't pay me much, but my quality of content was good and the same people have now hired me to write articles for them as well. So just keep trying and you're sure to hit the jackpot soon. Good luck !

neena123, Jul 6, 2008 IP