1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

North Korea ready for rocket launch

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ncz_nate, Apr 3, 2009.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7982835.stm

N Korea is like the drunkard next door all the neighbors worry about.

For some reason it all makes me laugh. I doubt I'm the only one though, I'm sure BO is giggling like a schoolgirl again over this too :p

ncz_nate, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  2. mohamedd

mohamedd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea I'm quite interested on how this will unfold. But im pretty sure they will launch and nothing will happen.

mohamedd, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  3. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If USA can have a rocket why can not NK? I do not really think they should since they have no food to their people but whats the big deal?

TheSyndicate, Apr 3, 2009 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Theoretically I agree with this but at the same time the idea of any "unstable" government having access to missiles which can reach the US isn't too groovy.

But it's like the thing with Iran and nuclear weapons. How does it make sense that Israel has them and we have over 1000 and yet for some reason another country isn't allowed to have them? Don't get me wrong, I don't want Iran to have nuclear weapons but I also don't want anyone else (including the US) to have them either. But the point is it doesn't really make rational sense to expect Iran to not want to have these weapons if other countries do. Don't all countries want to be able to defend themselves?

Zibblu, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  5. shamitgoyal24

shamitgoyal24 Banned

Best Answers:
    Every big nation is going to keep a keen eye on north korea and its extremist activities.

shamitgoyal24, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  6. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    I think NK is going to launch, and no one will do anything about it. It's just another country thumbing its nose to the international community. Every country does it at one point.

hostlonestar, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  7. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    well I certainly agree that it should be shot down if it goes over any populated area (Inc Japan). NK is like the last communist state in the world today (China is actually a lot closer to Fascism that Communism, Cuba I suppose qualifies though). They've been threatening war at every minor diplomatic disagreement, and if there's a country anywhere that needs liberation its them. Perhaps its worth war to shoot the rocket down.

jumpboy11jaop, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  8. mohamedd

mohamedd Active Member

Best Answers:
    mohamedd, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  9. FaceJolt

FaceJolt Guest

Best Answers:
    Well something did happen - story covered here

FaceJolt, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  10. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    nothing happen just fireworks to bost the dying leader.

TheSyndicate, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  11. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Obama administration has made it painfully clear that a NK launch would be a violation of Security Council resolutions, and would be taken as a "provocation."

Days before North Korea's missile launch, President Obama was in Prague and said this:
    BARACK OBAMA, US PRESIDENT: "Violations must be punished, words must mean something, the world must stand together to prevent the spread of these weapons."

NK has a history of taking provocative actions during new US Presidential administrations in an attempt to blackmail the USA to provide billions of dollars so NK could purchase more weapons.

Well - I'm wondering what the President's words mean. I'm asking you Obama supporters, what do you think President Obama will do now that NK has ignored his words? How will President Obama punish North Korea for this "provocation"?

Corwin, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  12. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    North Korea is dangerous, unstabile, not to be trusted....and they s*ck.

Over the Bush administration....they tried not talking to them and being tough....nothing happened.

Then they made an agreement with them....got them food and stuff....they still go ahead and screw the US and civilized world.

They reportedly have something like 50,000 rocket sites aimed at South Korea.

Nothing works w/ them They s*ck. China protects them in the international community.

Its a highly unstable and potentially dangerous situation. What the hell can you do but continue to deal with it. Apparently being tough or being lenient doesn't do anything good for us and the civilized world.

I suppose if Kim Il would die and his younger brother...Mentally Ill would take over that might be better....but with a name like that....who knows?

earlpearl, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  13. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is North Korea really like the George Orwell movie "1984" or is it like China was in the 70s or like the USSR was in 1950s?

gauharjk, Apr 13, 2009 IP