1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

North Korea admits to Nukes

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by nevetS, Feb 10, 2005.

They also seek to bolster their arsenal.

It's strange to me that the inevitability of third world nations gaining nuclear weapons is something that was infathomable for so long.

The harsh part is that lesser despots and minor dictators will express very little restraint in using the weapons to gain notoriety in the world arena.

It's time for a new generation of leadership, for there is a new world to be won.

nevetS, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  2. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Some years back I had to call in an engineer to fix our fork lift truck... the guy who turned up had a pleasant enough personality, just he was badly physically disfigured; mashed up face, fingers missing etc... said he'd worked at our Atom Weapons Research Establishment... nice guy but his looks scared the f**k out o' me...

...sort of a cross between a regular guy and blinky the fish...

So that's what I think of anything nuclear... SCARY :eek:

Lever, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I just read the official statement they released and I have to say, they put it very well how the US treats countries it doesn't like. That Bush administration is a bunch of assholes in my opinion.

Why should the US be allowed to carry these f*ck-off big nuclear warheads on their submarines which cruise the world oceans 24/7, being able to nuke any major city they want within a matter of hours but at the other hand... Oh let's bully N-Korea because they have their own little program and they might have evil intentions.

What a egocentric bull-shit policy.

The way the US handles it tells me they have no intention to talk their way through it. On their hidden agenda they have a long standing appointment to pay them a physical visit.

T0PS3O, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Wow. Tell us how you really feel Tops! :)

nevetS, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I won't go off-topic now...

T0PS3O, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  6. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Forgive me for getting political here, but this was a hot-button issue during the presidential elections, was it not?

And did not Bush himself denounce Kerry's plans for a tri-lateral commission to handle the North Korean nuclear issue, because we "can't leave the security of our country in the hands of others"? So why is there a six-country commission in place now?

This would be a political nightmare for Kerry, but for Bush it won't affect his ratings at all.

nevetS, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  7. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Who cares about the president's ratings...

What does NK nukes have to do with US security?

T0PS3O, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  8. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    NK and US are ideologically opposed, that's what it has to do with US security. You could ask what do commercial aircraft have to do with US security? A lot...

Lever, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  9. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Just because they have different ideas about certain things, doesn't make them want to fight each other does it? NK doesn't mind talking about it but the US refuses to do so and calls them names. Very childish...

If the US wasn't out to make so many enemies, it wouldn't be necessary for them to fear those countries' weaponry.

They only become enemies because the US makes them their enemies by calling them tyrannies, putting up trade restrictions etc.

I don't care much that someone a couple of blocks away from here might carry a gun. He isn't my enemy, I have no reason to fear him. But I won't be sending him letters saying he's bad and what not.

I have yet to see a real reason why the US should be worried about anything such a small country like NK is up to.

T0PS3O, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  10. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    The UK is and always has been a small country - and yet there was once a British Empire, so size means nothing.

I neither like nor trust GW Bush and the people puliing his strings (cummon, he couldn't really think all that cronyism up by himself could he?) but the NK leader is more of unknown quantity - I'm sure Kim Jon Il has issues too... ;)

Lever, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  11. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Well - the reality is that we are still fighting with North Korea today. I have friends that recently got back from "non-combat" duty up there - firing missiiles at and exchanging fire with NK.

NK is still to this day digging tunnels into Seoul. We find them every once in a while. While it's no longer front page news, the Korean conflict is alive and well.

nevetS, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  12. Haichi

Haichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wait they dig tunnels to South Korea?

Haichi, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  13. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Yeah - the way I understand it, they feel it is their destiny to have control over south korea. At some point in the last couple of years they found tunnels that would have allowed over 400 hundred thousand troops direct access into Seoul - so not just a crazy asian guy with a spoon doing his own thing or anything like that.

nevetS, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  14. Haichi

Haichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    400,000 how big are these tunnels?
    any linked info online about them? I can't imagine what it took to dig that

Haichi, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  15. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    So why are they there then?

Is the US military there bacause they didn't like what was going on or did NK something to your country to begin with?

T0PS3O, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  16. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I don't know about online info... Haven't searched for it. I just got the info from friends that served over there. Who knows, they could be blowing smoke up my pitooty - I've never been there.

We're over there as a remnant of the cold war. Our original mission was something along the lines of protecting the sovereignty of South Korea.

The North is a little crazy in that they believe that their country's leader is a demigod. They are very closed to outsiders and have a strong history of censorship. There was a huge train disaster there last year and they virtually shut down international communication to prevent information about the disaster from reaching the international community. I guess I've fallen for whatever propoganda because I really have a low opinion of North Korea.

nevetS, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  17. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    from the
    1998 Congressional Hearings on Special Weapons
    mentions tunnels but not sizes...

Lever, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  18. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I found this... a little old, but it mentions 30,000 troops per hour and a discovery as recent as 1990. The one my buddy told me about was found 4 years ago according to him.

nevetS, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  19. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    nevetS, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  20. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    There are millions of people in other countries that are saying exactly the same thing....you just don't here about it in the US.
    The US is regarded as being the school yard bully by other countries, including it's allies.

Cyclops, Feb 10, 2005 IP