1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Non-Relevant Ads Are NOT Always bad

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by bluegill_catcher, Jun 10, 2005.

I thought I may have found a thing that would boost my C***** and C** lol boy was I wrong. I have many mini sites that are really on a framed main site, visitors come to each mini site or page separately and to the main frame site.

After 6 months of seeing that when you visit my pages through the main framed site each mini sites adsense ads are very non relevant, will come to find out, all this time I never was using the framed page adsense code.

As soon as I used the new code my ads were very relevant towards each mini sites content, I thought wow this should maybe almost double my earnings etc....... what happened ? It plummeted, dropped instantly way down.

I did a little question and answer session in a chat room, not mentioning adsense, I just polled: If you were visiting a site you like and you happened to see an ad that was about something totaly un-relevant (related) to that sites content etc, would you be more apt to click it or ignore it ?

Almost 80% of the folks said they are more apt to click an ad that was about something totaly unlrelated to what they were really looking for or reading about.

You can't win for losing..... lol

bluegill_catcher, Jun 10, 2005 IP
  2. jumble

jumble Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not trust those stats too much. People click on an ad because it INTERESTS THEM. Not because it is different to your site content! Did you ever find yourself clicking on an ad that did not appeal to you? :)

jumble, Jun 11, 2005 IP