1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Non-paying bidders

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Mkcoy, Mar 18, 2015.

I sold a site on here but the winner is not paying or replying to any of my PM's.

This is for my site 3DPrintMyMobile.com

After he won when the auction ended, I sent him a PM on here with the title "3DPrintedMobileCases.com" I don't know why I put that as the title first of all as that site doesn't exist. I guess I wasn't used to my own sites name!

He replied saying "the site doesn't work".

I replied saying "sorry about that, I put the wrong domain in the title to you. As you know the correct site is 3DPrintMyMobile.com" and linked to the auction (above) and asked him to pay.

Now he is not replying. I sent him a few replies but no response.

I sent him a NEW message with the correct domain name for the auction in the title asking him to send payment... No response...

Sent him another reply again kindly asking him to send payment... No response...

This is twice this has happened now. One guys excuse was "sorry, I didn't get an email notice about it". I replied saying no worries as long as you are okay. Because he PM'd ME first asking me if I'd take $100 for the site. I said yes and okay so send your payment to me then and the site is yours. Guess what? Yep, no response...

Why ask me if I'd take x amount for the site, then when I say yes, not do anything about it. What is the point in that!?

Sent him another message in the same conversation asking if he's sending payment. Guess what? Yep, no response...

I'm willing to put their names here in a "name and shame" format so that you can revert to it and add to it if you have the same problems with the same people or add new people to it.

Sorry, but it doesn't take 1 minute to reply. Why bid on something if you have no intention of paying for it? Why not reply to a conversation after all that's how conversations work isn't it? I reply, you reply. Its what make the world go round. I'm just venting here but I think I make a valid point.

Don't waste peoples time! Don't bid on something if you're not buying it. And just reply to peoples request. It's not hard, it doesn't cause you any pain. It's called "common courtesy".

Now what can I do about this non-paying bidder? I cannot relist the site on here again until Mar 28, 2015 at 2:42 AM.

What can I do about this? I can report them? They will have an unpaid item strike recorded against them? Seems not enough is being done to prevent buyers from doing this.

Thanks.

Mkcoy, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You have the ability to adversely affect their account on your own.

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/better-handling-of-non-paying-bidders.2691967/

If it's been at least 7 days and they haven't paid, you can cancel their bid and you get an option to flag them as a non-paying bidder.

[​IMG]

digitalpoint, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  3. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Sean! And thanks for moving my thread too. It's just so daft. Why put a bid on something if you have no intention of paying for it? But what is worse, these people don't even have the kahunas to reply to your PM asking if they are buying it or not. It's just pathetic! It kinda makes you loose hope in the human race. :)

Mkcoy, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah... there's only so much we can do on our end though... but what we can do, we are doing. For example when you flag someone as a non-paying bidder, they automatically are issued an account warning. Based on how many warning points they have accrued, that could actually trigger a ban of the user automatically. So it's an easy way to automatically cull the users who do it repeatedly.

Also, when people purchase something for the "Buy It Now" price, they have to pay first. There's other options you can use, but you start running into the issue of making it more difficult to bid on something, you start losing out on potential bidders on an auction (for example you can go as far as pre-approving allowed bidders).

There's one thing we aren't doing that I occasionally toss the idea around, but it seems like it would be more bad than good. That would be force the bidder to pre-authorize their bid amount. But that would massively cut down on the people willing to bid when they are pre-authorizing payments when they don't know if they are the winning bidder or not.

digitalpoint, Mar 19, 2015 IP
    Mkcoy likes this.
  5. Rajeevkumar

Rajeevkumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am facing the same problem, though the price for bid is very low. I PM him but no reply. I checked he has not visited the DP since last he bid. Today I will going to make his non paying bidder.

Rajeevkumar, Apr 10, 2015 IP