1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Non-native English-speaking writers, I could use your advice!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by JohnWS, Oct 15, 2018.

I run a proofreading/editing site for non-native English speakers called Writesaver. About 80% of our customers are bloggers and marketers from outside the US, because we have good pricing, great proofreaders, and most importantly for our audience, very fast turnaround times. At the moment, most of our new traffic comes from Adwords, but we've nearly tapped it out as a channel and would like to incorporate other sources.

With that in mind, I'd like to hear from you about what issues you have in writing and how we can help solve them with our content! As a non-native English speaker, what kind of content would you enjoy reading from a business like ours? Are there any questions you have writing in English it would be helpful to have someone from the US talk about? We're especially looking for strong content to grow our Facebook page, because our blog has a very low readership right now, but blog ideas are welcome as well.

As a related question, as a non-native English speaker, do you enjoy reading blog posts in English, or is video or another format preferred for educational content?

Thanks in advance for your input!

JohnWS, Oct 15, 2018 IP
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well for me a problem can be writing good gramar posts

Spartan14, Oct 16, 2018 IP
  3. JohnWS

JohnWS Peon

Best Answers:
    So you’d be looking for content that helps you write with better grammar in your posts?

JohnWS, Oct 18, 2018 IP
  4. LisaJ_89

LisaJ_89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Proper use of articles (a vs. the vs. none) is always a problem for non-native English phrases. Also, a list of phrases / idioms that can improve the aesthetic of text would be quite useful, such as "Let the cat out of the bag", "The best of both worlds"... To be more precise, you can create an article describing the phrases that are the most appropriate for various writing styles.

LisaJ_89, Nov 29, 2018 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My English is pretty good these days but when I first began working in an English speaking country I experienced difficulties with slang expressions. It would be helpful if you would have a section that highlights trendy, hip or current expressions so that ESL writers could keep up with it all.

These expressions especially among the millennials, are in a constant state of evolution.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 29, 2018 IP