1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

non-CMS based blog platform

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by zahrazamani, Jun 18, 2015.

Hello friends

We are providing a cloud based application. It is based on LAMP. We have a simple css based website on the same server that explains our products and services. so a single server, with both saas application and also php based website.

our blog is hosted on a different domain and it is time for us to bring a new blog platform on the same server where the application is. I cannot use any blog platform that is based on CMS (wordpress, drupal, etc.), due to constant injection attacks.

I have seen few PHP based blog templates. Would like to know if anyone is faced with the same challenge as i have mentioned and if they decided to use a php based template to fulfill their need?

Do I have any other options?

thanks in advance
    zahra

zahrazamani, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  2. zahrazamani

zahrazamani Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    any suggestions? thanks again

zahrazamani, Jun 21, 2015 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Uhm... what exactly do you think Wordpress, Drupal and Joomla is based on? Exactly - PHP. Granted, security in a plain install isn't too great, but can be improved immensely if one takes the time to close some attack vectors. How do you think a run-of-the-mill PHP template / CMS -system is gonna fare any better? Most likely, there will be a plethora of attack vectors the creator haven't even considered - and you'll be in the exact same position. Depending on what you're gonna put on the page, I'd go for Wordpress (if you only want the basic "blog"-type content), Drupal or Joomla if you need a lot of customization options.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on the client I suggest folks install this https://wordpress.org/plugins/bulletproof-security/ jot down a few notes about what it wants to do, uninstall it and do the suggestions manually. By simply changing the perms on a few files its becomes pretty complicated to hack wp unless you are running dodgy plugins with glaring sanitization(is that a word?) issues.

I have hundreds of wp sites running for complete morons and I have only had to unhack 2 things this year. Conversely, if you don't pay attention to that stuff it will get bot hacked without issue. In which case, my first order of business is to spend an hour explaining to folks it not personal. Its just a drive by thing lol...

If you are that worried about it you can perhaps think about these folks https://managewp.com/ which is vaguely helpful if you are running a bunch of them but their stuff is entirely locked down.

Nigel Lew, Jul 4, 2015 IP