1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Nofollow or Dofollow link attribute New Directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by phplduser, Feb 15, 2020.

Hi All,

As the title, i have been in the directory industry for as many years but it's still a bit of a grey area regarding above, Yes i'm trying to build a Quality local business directory and have set all outbound links to 'NoFollow' but am now wondering if i should set to 'Dofollow', this can be changed on request for individual business profile pages if a website url is added.
    SEMrush
    Best Regards

phplduser, Feb 15, 2020 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Johnriver743

Johnriver743 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I business directory is a wonderful source for people to list their businesses online. But please don't allow auto approved submission, it will create a mess in your database and also spam bots are trying to make it rubbish.

Johnriver743, Feb 26, 2020 at 5:27 AM IP
  3. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have edited the submission options now so that business owners can choose between ‘no follow’ and ‘dofollow’, not so much a issue with free listing types but if paying for a enhanced listing and selecting the ‘dofollow’ option if adding a website (optional) can possibly get a site penalised.

I guess it comes down to how search engines view the site with their algorithms.

New listings will always be on admin review - Many thanks

Best Regards

phplduser, Feb 26, 2020 at 6:20 AM IP