1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No tracking data except for homepage

Discussion in 'Better Analytics' started by Alessa, Oct 18, 2015.

Hi. I just downloaded your free plugin for my WP site last night. I went through Settings and linked my Google Analytics Property ID and selected the option for the plugin to place the tracking code into the header. I then went through each page and deleted the existing tracking code I had previously placed there.

The in-page Analytics buttons is telling me I'm connected but there is no data to display, except on my homepage. I know one post in particular is being read because the the "share" button numbers keep going up.

Any thoughts on what's happening? For what it's worth, the homepage URL is www (dot) everyday-learning (dot) org but the permalinks for all subsequent pages and posts drop the "www". If it matters at all, I the settings on my master Google Analytics account is currently set so the Default URL is just http:// everyday-learning (dot) org. I had it with the www in the URL last night. I'm not seeing a difference in being able to see any traffic data.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Alessa, Oct 18, 2015 IP
  2. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    kjh-08, Oct 18, 2015 IP
  3. Alessa

Alessa Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks so much for your reply, KJH. While I appreciate your time, I don't have a problem with search engines with my site. You can google random blog topic keywords, without including the name of the site, and you get hits to my specific pages. I have been trying to problem solve this issue for more than a week and experimented with changing the preferred domain setting and then letting it sit for a day or so to see if that changes results. I've also already claimed ownership to the domain.

My problem is tracking code. Google Analytics shows no activity for any page of my website except my homepage - yet other metrics tell me the site is getting significant pageviews. This hasn't changed since installing the plugin and stripping all the pages for the manual tracking code and having the plugin stick the code into the header.

I'm all ears for any other thoughts or suggestions. Thanks.

Alessa, Oct 18, 2015 IP