1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

    Advertising (learn more)

    Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

    Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

no support from anyone...

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by amoeba22, Jan 30, 2007.

  1. #1
    anyone else have this problem? everytime I even mention what I do online people laugh as if I'm crazy. I guess they just don't "get" it and will most likely beg for info once they know how much I make(or will make :)). Right now I just use every negative thing said to me as motivation. kinda backwards but w/e lol.
    SEMrush
     
    amoeba22, Jan 30, 2007 IP
    SEMrush
  2. watto

    watto Peon

    Messages:
    79
    Likes Received:
    2
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    #2
    my suggestion is to not tell everyone what you are doing. Keep them guessing!!
     
    watto, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  3. jackburton2006

    jackburton2006 Peon

    Messages:
    5,296
    Likes Received:
    282
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    #3
    Dude, think about it. 99% (or thereabouts) of the people who surfs the web every day doesn't have a job related to the Internet and doesn't care to know about the Internet. So what are the chances that YOUR family members or friends belong in that 1%? Don't take it personally. I'm sure the guy who draws comic books for a living (and makes a good living at it) gets mad too every time he talks about comic book drawing and people laugh at him. Or how much do you know about your family member's jobs?
     
    jackburton2006, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  4. zibzer

    zibzer Peon

    Messages:
    159
    Likes Received:
    0
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    #4
    i would suggest not to tell anyone what you are doing until you have a 500 dollar google cheque you can flash in their face. Then they will ask "howd you get that" then you can say you work for Google part time on the weekends (but dont tell them about your website)


    they will then envy you..

    but until you can show that you make money, they will laugh
     
    zibzer, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  5. The Stealthy One

    The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

    Messages:
    3,043
    Likes Received:
    54
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    105
    #5
    Hey, you'll have the last laugh! Folks kind of think I'm a loser too, because they are too stupid to figure out what it is I'm doing. The jokes on them! :) ;) That's what motivates me, too. :)
     
    The Stealthy One, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  6. Dj_Flush

    Dj_Flush Peon

    Messages:
    161
    Likes Received:
    5
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    #6
    I swear man

    it was the same case with me like 6-7 months back...people use to think i m mad even my family

    cz i m the kind of guy who spends nearly 16-17 daily on Internet all related to web development

    but 1 month back when i showed my family my 600$ check they were like "we are proud of you" and my friends are like "you are one genius"

    so the thing is forget about the world and keep on doing what interests you ;)
     
    Dj_Flush, Jan 30, 2007 IP
    compostannie likes this.
  7. rochow

    rochow Notable Member

    Messages:
    3,991
    Likes Received:
    245
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    240
    #7
    Yes, they would be skeptical (you can't make money off the internet)

    Then they see it and they are like oh thats pretty cool, some will still say its rubbish and you can't do it, even though they have seen the evidence, just they have no idea how to make money and can't admit there may be something they don't know ;)
     
    rochow, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  8. vikramgvk

    vikramgvk Peon

    Messages:
    80
    Likes Received:
    0
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    #8
    there is no point in losing your motivation factor.try and keep on trying.when you get your first cheque you will be elated and forget everything that everyone said about you.
    rememer that story of number zero"0"
     
    vikramgvk, Jan 30, 2007 IP