1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No Sticky in This Forum? (Obtaining domain from bankrupt company)

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by fish'nfla, Jan 7, 2006.

Looking to buy an existing domain. The company went into bankruptcy earlier this year both online and brick and mortar. The site just sits in the SERPS in decent positions for important keyword phrases. It's nearly abandoned except for some weak adsense attempts. Domain name is a relevant .com that I am seeking. Yahoo backlinks over 2,500. Current Alexa ranking is 497,559.

Sorry, can't show name. I've inquired to the owners and they may be trying to part their ways. One wants to sell, while the other wants "to move to another state" and start up operations again. I'm assuming he's burnt too many bridges because he deals with the same suppliers we deal with in the same line of business.

Vague? Yes. Any guesses appreciated.

fish'nfla, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    What does that have to do with "No Sticky in This Forum"?

fryman, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Approach their bank and buy their debt from them. That way you own them entirely.

T0PS3O, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  4. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    You wanted to make a sticky out of this post? You really don't need that... or better... everyone would want that, and you would end with a forum full of stickies! :)

Coupons, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  5. sarathy

sarathy Peon

Best Answers:
    R u looking into appraisal?.
    For that you have to post the domain first.,

sarathy, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  6. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, are you looking for an appraisal, suggestions...what are you looking/requesting/posting for?

EGS, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  7. fish'nfla

fish'nfla Peon

Best Answers:
    "R u looking into appraisal?.
    For that you have to post the domain first.,"

Sorry, can't do. There are too many domain thieves out there looking for steals, including some of those sites that have domain searches. I was suprised there wasn't a sticky on "how to post an appraisal" Anotherwords what details one needs to recieve better replies.

I'm trying to keep this as low profile as possible because it may take months for it to happen. I also don't want the search engines that may visit this site to pick up the discussion either.

It's an easy to remember two word domain. Something similar to "cheapwidgets.com" but not a word that implies cheap, but affordable. I have a knowledgeable background in SEO. All this site needs is some tweaking in their backlink anchor text and it could rank for some key phrases in the first five slots on Google. Currently many of these keyphrases are on page 2 through 7.

Thanks for the suggestions!

fish'nfla, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  8. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, you wanted a sticky of how to post an appraisal. That makes more sense :)

Coupons, Jan 8, 2006 IP