1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No sales on my ecommerce store

Discussion in 'Websites' started by ShawnR, Nov 20, 2016.

Hello there!
    I am a college student and I made my very first ecommerce site this November and I am yet to get a sale, This is my first time making a website so i feel like I am overlooking something but I cannot figure it out.

I get a few clicks on my display ads which show the product and the cost , and yet I get no sales (if cost was unreasonable , would they click?)
    some stats :
    http://imgur.com/a/duVmP
    my site:
    http://buyheadphones.store
    People of digitalpoint can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in Advance

ShawnR, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  2. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You just started it this November. It takes time for people to know all about your site, though you can make that happen by posting about it on social media. Also it is good you are getting it known in forums like this. If you want some more exposure, make flyers and posters about it. You'd be surprised that not too many people know about your site in your own neighborhood. And be patient--it takes time for sales to come in, especially with a new site. Let your marketing and promotion work first, and then the sales will come in.

Milliardo, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  3. ShawnR

ShawnR Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice!
    Marketing is needed for bringing visitors, but I was wondering why ,those who are already on my site, leave without making a purchase. Is it something wrong with my site's looks or speed, or some factor that I cannot see ,but others can.

ShawnR, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    • The images are of a low and inconsistent quality
    • you have 2 columns on the page but only 9 items
    • the logo is tiny and not professional
    • your favicon is a smudge
    • the tags on a product page aren't tags - they're spammy phrases
    • have you even viewed the source of the page - there's body html in the header
    • your contact page doesn't provide any alternate means of contact - I'd never buy from a site where I wasn't offered a street address and a phone number
    You're obviously an affiliate site as there's no real connection between the headphones that you sell. I've bought my Sainsonic headphones online but I went direct to their website. I don't see any clear message on your homepage to convince me to buy from you and not to go direct or to buy via aliexpress - what is your "unique selling proposition"?

and if you think customers are going to be happy with this in your whois info you have another thing coming. On the plus side you haven't tried to hide behind privacy
    upload_2016-11-21_23-0-17.png

sarahk, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  5. ShawnR

ShawnR Member

Best Answers:
    Woah! Thank you SarahK for the feedback, I really didn't know there were so many things wrong with my site, and your review has been eyeopening, I will begin fixing my awful site :} .
    I have to ask about two of your points:

| the tags on a product page aren't tags - they're spammy phrases

>Doesn't it help with SEO?

| your contact page doesn't provide any alternate means of contact - I'd never buy from a site where I wasn't offered a street address and a phone number

>Hmm, I never thought about that, so I'm a student from Bangalore, wouldn't it discourage people (NA or EU) if this site had an Indian address and phone? I really don't have the means to get a foreign address.

ShawnR, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  6. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, marketing is still needed even for those who already have visited your site. There are a number of factors why they didn't purchase. Pricing is one factor. Another one is that they may not be totally convinced by the product's description. And there are others, which could also include the site's design itself. I think it would be good to have a feedback page on your site so you would know what is lacking on your site. If you have a mailing list you could have survey to ask people what improvements are needed for it.

Milliardo, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  7. ShawnR

ShawnR Member

Best Answers:

Thanks Milliardo

ShawnR, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  8. Gagsburg

Gagsburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Guess you should change your pricing policy if you want your products are being sold.

Gagsburg, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  9. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    dear you started only in this month....it takes time to get some visitors and clicks on your ads....
    of course there are some choices how to increase clicks on ads, but I DONT RECOMMEND THEM, because you will get banned from your ad provider

wanessmark, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol, you were asking why people weren't buying. You have to find the balance between SEO and looking like a spammer.
    You need traffic and if you aren't going to advertise then SEO helps get the traffic
    But you need the people to buy and they won't buy from a spammy site as they'll worry that you're a scammer and a spammer
    Not if you're honest about it and do everything else right. I'm as dubious about buying from Sweden (for example) as I would be about India - but knowing makes me trust more than someone who hides behind privacy.
    It's really hard for kids coming into the industry now. 17 years ago when I started pretty much anything looked good. Now you have amazing systems you can install quickly and be up and running in a couple of hours but the learning curve about how to run a quality ecommerce site is bigger than ever. If you are determined you can make a go of it, just don't think this is going to be easy. If you wanted "easy" you'd have got a job, right?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    sarahk, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  11. goafata

goafata Member

Best Answers:
    I think your website need a lot of changes for get good sale. Modern Digital Marketing method you need to create a very powerful strategy for increase sale. and you have good content on your website. you have to careful about your content. At first, make a very powerful marketing plan then start your promotion. Hope you get very good sale day by day. and it;s very important try to make your social media very strong.

goafata, Nov 30, 2016 IP
  12. sbsl

sbsl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Friend, They are clicking in search of some nice products and it can be turning point for any business. Why dont you try changing theme, color and fonts. products are nice. Competitor design analysis will definitely help you. If you need to discuss then you can post query. i hope it will help you.

sbsl, Nov 30, 2016 IP