1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No Robots Allowed? WTF ........

Discussion in 'Google' started by sundaybrew, May 17, 2016.

sundaybrew, May 17, 2016 IP
  2. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I choose "I am not robot" and I'm able to perform check. Maybe you should try in different browser.

arrisweb, May 17, 2016 IP
  3. nirma1230

nirma1230 Member

Best Answers:
    empty you cache and try again with proper captcha entry

nirma1230, May 18, 2016 IP
  4. lasitha851

lasitha851 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ooh what's wrong?

lasitha851, May 23, 2016 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Google may be mistaking your robots.txt as an exclusion, since their tool counts as a robot.

https://webhostingharvest.com/robots.txt

The empty disallow means that EVERYTHING is excluded from indexing. I would make the robots.txt empty until you had specific ones to block -- blocking all is generally a good way to be 100% certain your site is NEVER listed, indexed, or ranked ANYWHERE.

It could also be barfing on your gibberish markup -- laughably minified and STILL easily three to four times what such a simple page should used -- starring such gems as paragraphs around non-grammatical paragraphs, endless pointless tags for nothing, ARIA roles when you don't even have logical document structure, etc, etc....

As I often say, if you don't know what's wrong with this:

<body class="home blog full-width-content agency-pro-blue" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/WebPage"><header class="site-header" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/WPHeader"><div class="wrap"><div class="title-area"><h1 class="site-title" itemprop="headline"><a href="https://webhostingharvest.com/">Web Hosting Harvest</a></h1></div>

Code (markup):
    It's probably time to back away from the keyboard, and not come back until you understand how to use HTML properly. OF course, it's turdpress so good luck convincing it to make HTML that's worth a flying purple fish. You've got 17.2k of markup doing 8k or less' job.... mostly thanks to ARIA roles when not one legitimate UA uses them, redundant delcaration of the ARIA ruleset when you had a perfectly good one up top, endless pointless DIV and SPAN for nothing, fairy tale use of REL, and little if anything resembling semantic markup or logical document structure. (though some of that can be blamed on the HTML 5 asshattery).... much less the pointless static scripting and style in the markup.

Going hand in hand with the serif fonts of dubious legibility, colour contrasts below accessibility minimums, and pixel measurement declarations; aka "accessibility, what's that?!?"

But again, it's turdpress so that's par for the course... I think your "real" problem with google's tools not being able to get to the site being you blocked everything with your robots.txt

deathshadow, May 24, 2016 IP
  6. vd90

vd90 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check your robots.txt and nofollow, nofollow tag in your site.

vd90, May 26, 2016 IP
  7. tech christy

tech christy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yeah check your Robot.txt

tech christy, Jun 17, 2016 IP
  8. Suraj Anjaana

Suraj Anjaana Banned

Best Answers:
    I dont think nofollow will stop any bots ... its just an instruction to avoid page contents or link. Robots txt can effect this types of issue.

Suraj Anjaana, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  9. Gadi and Deborah Slade

Gadi and Deborah Slade Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Restart everything and try in another time.

Gadi and Deborah Slade, May 6, 2019 IP