1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No one dares to leave negative feedback for bad quality

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Ray P., May 18, 2008.

1. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    They are probably worried about getting retaliatory negative feedback.

dcristo, May 19, 2008 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The trouble is that people fear getting -ve iTrader reciprocated. It's not a flaw in the system though, it's a flaw with those using it.

People that actually care to look will see just who gave what and why they gave it. Someone that is giving bad work SHOULD have several red marks against them. If they are giving reds in response to their own shabby work, then that should be seen by anyone willing to look. The trouble comes in because most are not willing to look, and many know that.

If the system is used as it should be, then getting reds for leaving them should not hinder the reputations of those with a good iTrader rep, and if more started to use it as it should be used, then it would cut back on the low quality work that is prevalent within the current way things are running...

You can start the trend of using the system properly, and if more follow, then we will ALL be posting and trading in a better board then before...

Though, heh, it sure looks good on paper, it's getting it into action that is the hardest part.

Qryztufre, May 19, 2008 IP
  3. imthunder

imthunder Peon

Best Answers:
    It's funny that you complain about low quality while the writers complain about low pay. If only we could seperate the bottom end somehow...

About your issue, my guess it that the person can write but he got lazy or ran out of time and paid someone 10% of what you paid him to write the articles. I would give/expect a -ve rating for anything not consistent with the money involved.

imthunder, May 21, 2008 IP
  4. Ninos

Ninos Banned

Best Answers:
    Agree and disagree.
    Yeah the system is corrupt, but some people will leave negatives if they must.
    (Funny coming from a person with 0 itrader? I speak like it ebay :p)

Ninos, May 21, 2008 IP
  5. rayaan

rayaan Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. Most of the time, a person's application, or email or PM, or even his post in a thread will give you a sense of his writing abilities.

I am curious, didn't you have a chance to interact with him in writing before you gave him the job?

rayaan, May 21, 2008 IP
  6. TerrificContent

TerrificContent Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, as many other people have pointed out, it's because people are afraid of getting a negative feedback in return. That's why I really like the system that Rentacoder has in place. On there, you won't see feedback until both of you have left it--or until a certain period of time has passed. That prevents retaliatory feedback and is something I'd love to see implemented on iTrader in the future.

TerrificContent, May 21, 2008 IP
  7. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    No, no it doesn't. In fact, that sounds even worse then the system that is in place right now. As it stands, I can give a guy some positive itrader and walk away being happy. In your system, people will not know the guy was a pleasure to work with unless he feels the same about me.... though what makes it truly worse, is that if would have scammed me, and I left him some red, that red will never show unless he "authorizes" it.

Qryztufre, May 22, 2008 IP
  8. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    Feedback systems are always difficult because of the retaliatory potential. Some simply won't be willing to leave a negative for fear it will smear their good record.

webgal, May 22, 2008 IP
  9. raketeer_mom

raketeer_mom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I once had given a neg itrader to a buyer not ignores my messages after submitting to her my 20 articles. In return she also gave me neg itrader. From then on i never leave itraders already nor asks for one from my clients.

raketeer_mom, May 22, 2008 IP
  10. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Did you look at her iTraders before you made the deal?

If you didn't then that's your fault, however if you did, then consider this...

Imagine if someone made a similar deal with someone else, gave some red itrader, got some back and then opted out from using the system again. Then they made a deal with the same person you did, got burned, and didn't leave any itrader.

Had the person left some, then maybe you'd not have gotten burned, as you'd have seen that the person is known for such things.

On the flipside, if someone sees your red, they SHOULD look to see who gave it. If that person is full of reds, then they should know that the red you got was reciprocated and undeserved.

If more people would take the chance and leave red where red is needed, there would be a lot less scamming going on...granted, there would be a lot of false reds going on, but honestly, if more people used the system as it should be used, those false reds would be a lot easier to spot.

Qryztufre, May 23, 2008 IP
  11. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    iTrader isn't meant to be used about your percieved idea of "quality" I don't think... it could have been late at night, you pay far less than normal clients so it was rushed out etc...

rochow, May 23, 2008 IP
  12. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's correct. It's there to ensure one party pays and one party delivers. The quality issue has nothing to do with iTrader and is something that the buyer needs to examine beforehand.

Unsatisfied buyers can post messages detailing their experiences. I believe many don't because it's perceived to be a waste of time.

marketjunction, May 23, 2008 IP
  13. otraonline

otraonline Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm any name who to avoid? any recommendations?

otraonline, May 23, 2008 IP
  14. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but could Ray contact some of the people that left iTrader ratings and ask their honest opinion about the writer? If it is done through a PM, no one would see the response.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, Ray.

Annea, May 23, 2008 IP
  15. devarts

devarts Banned

Best Answers:
    thats true webgal to many of these ............ !!!!!!!!!!!! dont make it look good

devarts, May 23, 2008 IP
  16. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. I have had people ask me before via PM my opinion on other people service (they either saw my post in their thread, or saw my iTrader linking to their thread)

rochow, May 23, 2008 IP
  17. jedediahd

jedediahd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that if it is bad enough that you can not use it then a neg iTrader should be left.

jedediahd, May 24, 2008 IP