1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No one bid on 15times lower price keywords on overture?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by joyce888, Jul 23, 2005.

Recently i just found a lot of .com keywords got no one bid on its. :D And compare to the average bidding price, it is 15 times lower. For example, take a look at keyword "T-Mobile", the highest bid is $3, and compare to "t-mobile.com" is it 15 times lower. And i check the traffic of "t-mobile.com" is not low.

The top bidder of "t-mobile.com" keyword is an affiliate site and they are not sending traffic to T-Mobile. After i check their site, they are using a "meta refresh" to redirect to another page. :confused: Then i search my browser history and download the page, guess what?:eek: I've saw the tricky parts here.

Here the trick, they let overture review on page that about T-Mobile and got link linking to T-Mobile official site, after the review done they just meta refresh the page to their sales page. Isn't this so cool?:cool:

There is a lot more keyword that no one bid on it or it is lower than average bid price. example: tmobile.com, cingular.com, sprint.com...

joyce888, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  2. prowess

prowess Guest

Best Answers:
    good investigation. Most poeple wouldn't mention they found something like this.

prowess, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  3. kdb003

kdb003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    how many people search for "t-mobile.com" as opposed to t-mobile.com with no quotes? Still a good find.

kdb003, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  4. City2

City2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think you can bid on quote and no quotes.

City2, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  5. real

real Peon

Best Answers:
    G! applies smartbid, where highest bidder pays 1 cents more.

real, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  6. otc_cmnn

otc_cmnn Peon

Best Answers:
    this works best in Y!SM - make sure you bid on your own domain name. You'd be surprised how many clicks it gets.

Also make sure no one else is bidding on it. Y! will pull them if you complain. Life is good if you can bid on your competitors domain Names!! Cheap clicks - great conversion rates.

otc_cmnn, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  7. techpad

techpad Peon

Best Answers:
    It is completely amazing how people do miss excellent opps to buy on high trafficed keywords. We started collecting data, and now have a data sheet that tracks 1 month running and can be used to extrapolate possible future times to buy high traffic terms at low prices.

http://www.cheaphostingdirectory.com/payperclickcomparison.html

Check out the tool, any suggestions on what else we could make the tool do to make it more useful?

techpad, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  8. kjewat

kjewat Active Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't most sites have the first result in most search engines on theire own dowmain name? Whats the point in bidding on it if you get the same visitors for free?

I agree that bidding on your competitors domain names is smart :)

kjewat, Aug 4, 2005 IP