1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No More Images Near Ads! Received Emails from YPN!!

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by ArcticPro, Jul 17, 2006.

1. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Would an advertiser like to put a relevant picture next to their ad to increase interest? Most would. The technology hasn't existed, so webmasters filled the gap. Google sees the wisdom in the strategy and works to make it an actual feature of the ads. Yahoo condemns the practice. Why? Seems to me to be a misguided attempt demonstrate to advertisers that Yahoo is doing more to fight click fraud than Google is. In the long term I think you will see Yahoo implement the image feature as they fall even further behind Google in the marketplace.

DirtyDog, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  2. azn_romeo_4u

azn_romeo_4u Peon

Best Answers:
    in an advertisers point of view, I love YPN...becasue they are telling me that they want every click to count, not because an image next to ad misleads someone to click on my paid listing.

Publisher's won't like it, because it probably will definately reduce their CTR...hoewver there are other means in increasing CTR other than image ads.

azn_romeo_4u, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  3. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I got an email this morning from yahoo that said my one site was in violation because it had images near the ads. I phoned and was told NO IMAGES, even with a border around them can be placed near ad areas........ Needless to say I have been busy the past few hours LOL oh well.......... At least they tell us what's wrong, back in Aug or so, I was told my site(s) were fine with the images, but as the gal on the phone said, this is a NEW revision of the TOS..... so I am removing all my images that are near ads just to be safe.

bluegill_catcher, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  4. softstor

softstor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I received an email today at 5:12 pm from a Yahoo rep and was told that images are allowed as long as they follow the new guidelines:

Image Requirements

Visible line between image and ad unit
    Visible border separating image from ad unit
    Sufficient use of white space separating image from ad unit
    Color differences separating image from ad unit (ex. Image is on a white background and ad unit is on a light blue background).

softstor, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  5. Original

Original Banned

Best Answers:
    I was also concern about this, so i ask them and they said, has long has i put a line between the images and ads that I'm fine.

Original, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  6. inferno3387

inferno3387 Banned

Best Answers:
    They keep telling everyone different stories! They need to just say no or yes. They keep changing their TOS and their minds and just need to tell us what to do :-\

inferno3387, Jul 20, 2006 IP